Bottom of the page interlinear font size question

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 139
Rich | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 11 2014 6:34 AM

As an example, when I have NASB95 open and the interlinear open at the bottom of the page, the interlinear font is very small. Can the font size be increased?

Doer of Things

Logos 7 Bronze

13" MBA 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 RAM, 512 SSD

27" iMAC 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 RAM, 1TB SATA Disk

iPad Air 2, iPhone 6

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 11 2014 8:31 AM

The interlinear font will increase when you increase the size of the bible text. You can do that by clicking the pane tab at the top left of the resource pane and clicking on the grid to either increase or decrease font size

Posts 4593
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 11 2014 9:01 AM

Fredc:

The interlinear font will increase when you increase the size of the bible text. You can do that by clicking the pane tab at the top left of the resource pane and clicking on the grid to either increase or decrease font size

On my versions of the program - stable and beta the text in the interlinear remains steadfastly stable and doesn't increase a point.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 11 2014 9:32 AM

Mike Binks:

Fredc:

On my versions of the program - stable and beta the text in the interlinear remains steadfastly stable and doesn't increase a point.

There is an issue on Mac where the interlinear pane isn't increasing in size with the Text scaling slider. There is an active case for the issue, and I'll add a link to this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience while we work on a fix.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 4588
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 11 2014 2:46 PM

You Mac users have all the funWink

Posts 50
John R. Gentry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 6:13 AM

Is there an update on this? Thanks.

John

Posts 5
Corby Amos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2016 9:57 AM

Looking for a solution and update to this as well!

Posts 8
Benjamen S. Long, Pastor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 6:04 AM

I'm still searching for a solution as well (for my iMac).  If ANYONE develops or finds such, please let me know (smile); at revblong@gmail.com.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 10:25 AM

Benjamen S. Long, Pastor:
I'm still searching for a solution as well (for my iMac).  If ANYONE develops or finds such, please let me know (smile)

Logos 7.3 Release Candidate 2 screen shot shows bottom page interlinear font size is static (still) plus shows effect of Corresponding Words being highlighted in linked Bibles and Lexicons. Clicking word (e.g. Lord) in NASB changes lemma location in lexicon plus highlights corresponding word in Bibles and Lexicons:

Visual filters show range of Greek verbal expression along with inductive precepts. Logos wiki => Examples of visual filters

If like more spam, then posting email on a public forum helps. Otherwise suggest editing reply to remove email. Also have option to follow thread so replies to thread have email sent to you.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4593
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2016 1:38 AM

Hi Benjamen

I have just checked my installation and find that you are right. I do not use the interlinear very often but I can see how those with less than perfect vision might be inconvenienced by this odd failing.

The problem does seem to have slipped through the net.

Posts 11
Jason Hopkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2018 10:57 AM

This question as asked in 2014. It's the end of 2018 and this is still an issue in Logos 7.

I would really like to be able to see the Hebrew in the interlinear. It looks to be about 8pt font and the vowel points are all but readable. Makes it less valuable when you can't read it.

I guess I'll dig around and see if this has a bug report or not.

Posts 11
Jason Hopkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2018 11:19 AM

In case anyone is still interested, I found a work around that I'm not crazy about, but it makes the font bigger.

Go to the Settings, down to Accessibility, then increase the Program Scaling. It's a bit like zooming in. It makes EVERYTHING bigger, buttons, menu bars, icons...everything. You can go back and change the font size of the resource and make it what you want. But it looks like you're stuck losing screen real estate with big button and large menu bars. Vertical screen space is valuable on a small screen laptop, so I don't like this option. But it's the best I've found.

I tried to find a way to report bugs, but for some reason every time I search the forums I get an error:

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

Logos must be having website issues.

Posts 7943
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 24 2018 10:09 PM

Jason Hopkins:
I guess I'll dig around and see if this has a bug report or not.

We have a bug report for this in our internal bug tracking system. I've added a link to this post so we can post updates here when there's news to report.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS