Logos 4.0a SR-3 Release Notes

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4356
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 12 2010 4:00 PM

Logos 4.0a Service Release 3 (SR-3, v4.01.3.5180) was released this afternoon.

Bug Fixes

Posts 331
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 4:19 PM

Thanks for the update....wonder why you decided to change the Logos icon...I liked the other one...

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone4 3G            Logos 5, Bronze v.5 (IH)

Posts 4356
LogosEmployee

Chuck P.:

Thanks for the update....wonder why you decided to change the Logos icon...I liked the other one...

I wasn't aware that a Logos icon had changed; which icon are you referring to?

Posts 331
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 6:47 PM

The click to start Logos icon...it used to look like the Logos logo...

Chuck

Posts 15662
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 6:52 PM

Bradley Grainger:

Chuck P.:

I wasn't aware that a Logos icon had changed; which icon are you referring to?

You're talking about the old Logos 3 (Libronix) icon, right?

Which changed to new logo:

Posts 15662
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 6:57 PM

The old icon was kind of cool, but it didn't really mean anything to me. What are those white dots? A series of ping-pong balls being juggled? What are the angled parts towards the bottom, a mountain, or an open book facing downward?

I like the new icon. It's clear what it means. Searching (magnifying glass) in the Bible (a cross).  Looks less geeky.

Also, they've moved away from the brand name "Libronix" back to what they've always been: "Logos" -- I'm sure someone from Logos could explain the reasoning behind that shift. But words with "x" in them were cool for a while, and maybe we've moved beyond that.

Posts 331
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 6:59 PM

The new one is the one before I updated now I am showing this instead...perhaps is just on my computer.....ad:  

Chuck

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 7:03 PM

Chuck P.:
The new one is the one before I updated now I am showing this instead...perhaps is just on my computer...

Yes, that "new logo" is actually Windows' "I don't have an icon to use so I'll use the default." So, somehow Windows lost the icon. How? That's anyone's guess.

Posts 331
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 7:05 PM

Perhaps I will get it back when the next update comes...

Chuck

Posts 3150
Forum MVP
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 7:23 PM

The instructions vary by Windows OS type, so if you Google "corrupt icon cache" and find info for your OS you will probably find a simple technique to correct the problem.  This happens sometimes based on a flaky install, crash, etc.  Most times it is just a file to delete, it gets regenerated, and then your icons are back.

Posts 331
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 7:25 PM

Did a right click on the icon, clicked on properties, clicked on change icon and there was my Logos icon to choose....I click on it and everything is back to normal....I really do not know why it changed the first time either...but, everything's good now....

Chuck

Posts 6666
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 7:45 PM

Chuck P.:
but, everything's good now....

Nothing like the old and familiar in a fast-changing world. Wink

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 31
Shikai Ronnie Poon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 10:22 PM

My PC is downloading 972MB worth of updates for Logos4 at this time. I wonder what is being updated that makes such a large download.

Posts 12
Wayne P Quernemoen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 10:33 PM

I see 887.2 MB in the update now in progress (early 1/13/10) .  Are the three bugs referenced above all that is in this update?

Wayne

Posts 1187
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 12 2010 10:34 PM

ShikaiRonniePoon:
My PC is downloading 972MB worth of updates for Logos4 at this time. I wonder what is being updated that makes such a large download.

Could be the updates resources discussed here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/9485.aspx

Posts 13
Ben Crous | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 12:00 AM

Hi

How come it's a 1 GB download to fix 3 bugs!?!

Surprise

Ben

Posts 13
Ben Crous | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 12:04 AM

Never mind. It's a recourse update as well. Hmm

Can I ask what is different when they are updated.

Thanks

Ben

Posts 15662
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 12:57 AM

Ben Crous:

Never mind. It's a recourse update as well. Hmm

Can I ask what is different when they are updated.

Hi Ben, here's the list of what resources were updated in tonight's update: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/9485.aspx

Logos has started giving us a heads up during the day when they're about to do one, so watch the forum and you'll see. Or if you happen to miss one, you can always go back to the forum and find out what it was. And if it annoys you to have the updates come unexpectedly when you might have preferred to wait, you can go into Tools | Program Settings and set "Automatically Download Updates" to "No" and you'll be given the option to download them at your own convenience.

Posts 40
Rick Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 5:17 AM

I'm curious.  I just did an update now and it is telling me that no updates are available.  Dbl checked and I'm still SR-2.  Are you staggering the update for the server?

Rick

Posts 1187
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 5:40 AM

Rick Williams:
I'm curious.  I just did an update now and it is telling me that no updates are available.  Dbl checked and I'm still SR-2.  Are you staggering the update for the server?

If it doesn't come through automatically, try running the installer again: http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS