Link within Logos to another place in Logos

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 16 2014 10:45 AM

Here's what I got:  I have a Note file, "Word Studies" that would like to be able to link directly to it in another note file that I use for my personal Study Bible.   Example: I want to link a word study on Genealogy to Matthew 1:1.  

Can I do that?  I thought I could but my search-fu is weak and I cannot find anything in the forums.

Posts 3027
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 16 2014 11:04 AM

Everett Headley:

Here's what I got:  I have a Note file, "Word Studies" that would like to be able to link directly to it in another note file that I use for my personal Study Bible.   Example: I want to link a word study on Genealogy to Matthew 1:1.  

Can I do that?  I thought I could but my search-fu is weak and I cannot find anything in the forums.

If I understand what you are asking, here's how I'd do it-

Open the menu at the top of the note file where you want to link and choose Copy Location as URL.

Go to the new note file and click Add Note at the top, and paste your link.  You can then open the link by right-clicking and choosing Open Hyperlink.

HTH.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 16 2014 12:05 PM

That's what I thought, but what I get is this.  I can't click on this directly to get it to take me there.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 16 2014 12:21 PM

It's blue, so it looks like a link. Did you remember to Cmd/Ctrl-click?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 16 2014 12:30 PM

Everett Headley:

It doesn't look like you're using Logos 6, but one of the improvements in L6 is that you can link one note to multiple scriptures/references.

Posts 947
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 16 2014 3:36 PM

I am using LA and I don't want to have to crt click to open it.

Posts 23987
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 16 2014 3:40 PM

Everett Headley:

I am using LA and I don't want to have to crt click to open it.

But that's how it works - as per https://wiki.logos.com/Notes_$28ver_4.5_$26_up$29#How_do_I_jump_from_a_hyperlink_in_a_note.3f 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS