Kindle upload in progress ongoing

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 503
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 19 2014 7:20 AM

I upgraded to Logos 6 last night  Big Smile and decided to try the send to Kindle feature. It worked well and I received the book on my kindle without problem, but if I click on the information tab for the book it looks like it is still trying to send it. It says "Kindle upload in progress" with the moving line beside it. I'm assuming this is not normal behavior. I could ignore it, but am concerned that something is running in the background on my already overtaxed old laptop (Lenovo T510 with I5 running Windows 7). Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Posts 28906
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 7:33 AM

Nord Zootman:
I'm assuming this is not normal behavior.

I know at least one other forum member has complained about this.

Nord Zootman:
am concerned that something is running in the background on my already overtaxed old laptop

From my understanding, no worries here. The "progress" is really just waiting for an "I received it" message from Kindle. I don't think your computer is actually doing anything.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 503
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 7:38 AM

Thanks Alabama,

That makes sense. I was just upgrading my desktop computer in my study and if I open the same resource it has the same message.

Posts 3276
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 8:11 AM

Yes this is common behavior.  I have noticed if I close the resource in Logos and reopen it the resource shows the sent date for the Kindle and no longer says sending.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 503
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 8:17 AM

Thanks David,

David Taylor Jr:
I have noticed if I close the resource in Logos and reopen it the resource shows the sent date for the Kindle and no longer says sending.

I have closed and opened the resource and the entire program and it still shows up. I will just give it more time.

Posts 3276
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 19 2014 8:49 AM

Nord Zootman:

Thanks David,

David Taylor Jr:
I have noticed if I close the resource in Logos and reopen it the resource shows the sent date for the Kindle and no longer says sending.

I have closed and opened the resource and the entire program and it still shows up. I will just give it more time.

Ok that is definitely different than the behavior I am seeing.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS