SR-3 Indexer crashing trying to merge index for NT background commentary

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 28 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 14 2010 8:46 AM

I have just added the new NT background Commentary to my collection and I was trying to merge the Indexes this morning (NT background commentary being the only "new resource").  I repeatedly get "Logos Bible Software 4 Indexer has stopped working.  Logos 4.0a SR-3 (4.01.3.5180)

Anyone having a similar problem ?

Posts 7
Philip Cheng | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 2:14 PM

My indexer is crashing every time I start Logos 4 recently.  yes, my version is the same as yours too. ~_~  looking for help

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 2:32 PM

David J. Wilson:

I have just added the new NT background Commentary to my collection and I was trying to merge the Indexes this morning (NT background commentary being the only "new resource").  I repeatedly get "Logos Bible Software 4 Indexer has stopped working.  Logos 4.0a SR-3 (4.01.3.5180)

Anyone having a similar problem ?

Hi we will need your log files. Please see http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging - then reproduce the crash and upload both Logos4.log and Logos4Indexer.log thanks.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 2:48 PM

Log files attached

3288.Logos4.log

4784.Logos4Indexer.log

Posts 131
LogosEmployee
Peter Venable | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 3:12 PM

It looks like your index got corrupted (previously) with an error that is detected when merging in new data.  Unfortunately the cause is still unknown.  The cure for now is to rebuild your index, which you can do with the command "Rebuild index".

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 5:15 PM

Thanks Peter:  It will be interesting to see how long that takes.  Will let you know !!

Looks like the estimate has settled down to 6 hours, so I will let it run overnight ....  (3769 resources to go through)

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 5:22 PM

It seems like more are having this problem...I purchased a book yesterday and had the same problem.   Peter suggested to "rebuild Index" which I did and it solved the problem....but, for some reason is the new update causing this situation?  I've downloaded other new products prior the the update and had no problem.

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 5:47 PM

I had the same problem on both of my computers.

Posts 7
Philip Cheng | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 9:15 PM

1256.Logos4Indexer.log

0167.Logos4.log

Can you take a look at them as well?

Posts 7
Philip Cheng | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 14 2010 9:18 PM

I've tried to rebuild my index, but it's the indexer which is crashing, so it doesn't work.

I'm thinking of reinstalling the whole program...do you know if I will lose all the layouts that I saved?

Posts 25284
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 3:58 AM

Philip Cheng:
I'm thinking of reinstalling the whole program...do you know if I will lose all the layouts that I saved?

No - you won't lose any documents or user data.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:15 AM

Rebuild index ran to completion overnight without crashing, although the indexer log file shows it ignored quite a few things (multiple invalid references ?).

I now have one index with no seperate "New Resources" index.

5430.Logos4.log

7180.Logos4Indexer.log

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:47 AM

Philip Cheng:

I've tried to rebuild my index, but it's the indexer which is crashing, so it doesn't work.

Philip, you don't need to reinstall!  When Reindex does not work, just exit the program, go to your LibraryIndex folder, delete everything in it, and restart L4. It will start a fresh index and it will rebuild fine, albeit it will take awhile (do it overnight).  This full index will happen anyway if you do reinstall.

I did this on another thread with the same crash and reindex did not work for me.  Logos came on and said that was the right thing to do.

Reinstall is un-necessary!

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 7:14 AM

Philip Cheng:

What surprises me is that the person I spoke to at Logos support last night hadn't heard that there was a problem with the indexer.

Posts 43
Abraham M. Payton Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 7:23 AM

David,

Thanks for looking at my post. I followed Peter Venable's suggestion and rebuilt the index last night. It was completed successfully by 3:30AM this morning without further crashes.

Thanks,

Abraham 

Posts 7
Philip Cheng | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 9:00 AM

Thanks for all the support and suggestions.  I tried the deleting method but it still crashes, so I uninstall everything and start everything from scratch (I used to upgrade my Logos 3 to Logos 4, so I think going back to the 1st version of Logos 4 would work better than the current version...for the time being)

Posts 131
LogosEmployee
Peter Venable | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:14 PM

Philip, it looks like you have a different problem from what others are experiencing.   Apparently one of your reverse interlinear resources is corrupted.   Try deleting the file LEBNT.lbsrvi and re-starting L4.  It should download a new copy and hopefully that will resolve your problem.  Please let me know how it goes.

Posts 31
Aaron Brockmeier | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:19 PM

Logos 4 just Downloaded the Tyndale Commentary (without the CD - I thought it was just going to ship today!). Unfortunately the indexer started crashing immediately after attempting to index. I've attached my two log files.

Should I attempt the "Rebuild index" command? Any other suggestions at this point.

First problem I've had with Logos 4 and I've been using it since day 1. 

I'm using windows 7. 

[View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/76/1200.Logos4Indexer.log:550:0]

[View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/76/0726.Logos4.log:550:0]

Posts 131
LogosEmployee
Peter Venable | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:59 PM

Aaron Brockmeier:

Should I attempt the "Rebuild index" command? Any other suggestions at this point.

Yes, that should take care of it.

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 8:22 PM

Indexer crashing on me too, rebuilding the index now to hopefully fix it

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS