Proclaim will no longer play 480p_mpg files

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Rev. William Catoe | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 21 2014 10:59 AM

My Proclaim software will no longer allow me to download 480p_mpg files. When I attempt to open the file in Proclaim, I get an error message saying that this is an invalid file.

All of my media clips were purchased from Worship House Media and I have had no problem playing these clips in Proclaim before now. Help!

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:03 AM

I have not run into any issues uploading videos in Proclaim recently. What OS and OS version is this occurring on? Also if you could share the video via dropbox so I could try it myself that would be great.

Another thing to do would be too reproduce the problem yourself and then send us the Proclaim.log file located in the following location:

Mac:

• /Users/[username]/(~Library)/Application Support/Proclaim/Logging/ 
  • The Library folder might be hidden. If so, hit CMD+Shift+G and enter "~/library" into the box.

Windows: 

• Vista/Win7/Win8   -   %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Proclaim Log Files\
Posts 4
Rev. William Catoe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:19 AM

The OS is Windows 7 Professional. I have no idea of how to go about sharing the video via dropbox. I am not techologically savvy.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:25 AM

Rev. William Catoe:
I have no idea of how to go about sharing the video via dropbox

If you visit dropbox.com, you can sign up easily, upload the file, and then click 'share' which will give you a URL. Take this URL and paste it in your post.

Also if you could post your logs that would be helpful.

Posts 4
Rev. William Catoe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:48 AM

Spencer, I appreciate your willingness to help; however, I have no idea how to do the things you've suggested. And I really don't have time to try and figure these things out. There has got to be a better way to provide tech support.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:51 AM

You can call 800-875-6467 and talk to customer support.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 11:58 AM

In the meantime, please do the following:

1. Open Proclaim
  2. Try to upload the video into Proclaim
  3. When the error appears, close Proclaim
  4. Go to the following folder C:\Users\[your user name]\My Documents\Proclaim Log Files\
  5. Find the Proclaim.log file (Might show up as 'Proclaim')
  6. Reply to this post and attach the Proclaim.log file to your reply

In order to get a better handle on the issue you are experiencing, I will need to view the logs.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 1:28 PM

So I was able to load the video successfully on my machine. Is it possible for you to play this video using Windows Media Player? I would make sure that Windows Media Player is completely up to date and that there aren't any software updates for your machine.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 1:29 PM

Also what is the exact error message you receive? I am not seeing anything in the logs.

Posts 126
Jared Schwyhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 21 2014 9:10 PM

I added your video to Proclaim with no problem. One thing you should do is limit the number of characters to around 20 for the file name and don't use spaces, use _underscores_

Simply rename the video to WorthyIsTheLamb.mpg   or    Worthy_Is_The_Lamb.mpg  

It's rare, but I've run into issues of video files not being recognized simply because the of the name.

Not saying this will help your situation, but it's a good practice.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS