Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 22 2014 3:44 PM

We had a significant hardware failure last night around 10pm PDT. My apologies for the inconvenience I'm sure this is causing your group. 

Proclaim users will see Proclaim unable to sync (red triangle in upper right of main window) and the remote will not work. Presentation creation and editing should be mostly functional. While we work towards restoring sync you can move your presentation between machines using our backup/restore feature. The post below and the video here demonstrate the feature.

Our team has been working through the night to get this resolved and we appreciate your patience. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA at this time.

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 5:51 PM

This is making things difficult, guys. It's what you sell your product on and when it doesn't work, it's worse than useless because of the time that people have spent setting up things at home, expecting them to be synced when they get to church.

Posts 7
Cory Brinkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:00 PM

Fantastic ... the link you provided returns a 503 error so it is useless as well. 

Posts 20
Jeff Weaver | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:09 PM

Once again, THE CUSTOMER has to do a work around because your product is unable to do what it is supposed to do. AND your "LINK" doesn't work. FAIL and then FAIL.  
Not good.

We had a SYNC problem last week and we were told by your TELEPHONE TECH SUPPORT it would be fixed by LAST Sunday morning. It wasn't! 

I can see us going to a software solution that is reliable week in and week out. 
This had potential, but outages 3-4 times a year is unacceptable when hundreds of members or in some cases thousands of church members are affected by an inadequate product.

How do we make it work for tomorrow when we have several people working on different parts for the service tomorrow??? Back up and then import all of them?  Will it allow syncing between several backups?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Posts 3
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:13 PM

Not to be so harsh, but if thousands of churches are relying on this, shouldn't you have backup?  It seems like this has been a problem before.  I love the fact that I can put this all together at my desk, but today I went to upload to the computer we use on Sunday morning and no-can-do.  A little disappointed. 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:21 PM

The "New" menu contains a link to back up the current presentation. When a presentation is backed up all the presentation data (images, service items, videos, etc.) for both aspect ratios is saved as a single .prs file.

In order to load the presentation on a different computer use the "Restore presentation..." option from the "New" menu, navigate to the previously saved .prs file and a new copy of your saved presentation will be created.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:30 PM

Jeff Weaver:
We had a SYNC problem last week and we were told by your TELEPHONE TECH SUPPORT it would be fixed by LAST Sunday morning. It wasn't! 

I'm not sure what this would be. We haven't had any known sync issues in recent months. I can follow up with tech support on Monday to see what this might be.

Jeff Weaver:
How do we make it work for tomorrow when we have several people working on different parts for the service tomorrow??? Back up and then import all of them?  Will it allow syncing between several backups?

I know this is far from ideal but to handle the multiple user scenario

• Each user makes their own presentation with the required content
  • Each user backs up their presentations (I updated my original post with accessible information on how to use this feature) and emails them to whoever is in charge of the master presentation
  • That user imports the individual presentations and copy/pastes the items into the master presentation

I'm really sorry about this. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Posts 11
Josh Cougle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:31 PM

Thanks Scott... do you guys have an ETA at this point?  I appreciate that you are working hard and as always (because there has been trouble before)... the software is still worth the inconvenience... and thanks for the workaround.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:40 PM

Josh Cougle:

Thanks Scott... do you guys have an ETA at this point?  I appreciate that you are working hard and as always (because there has been trouble before)... the software is still worth the inconvenience... and thanks for the workaround.

I really wish I had an ETA but don't at this time. Sorry.

Posts 36
Ben Schoffmann | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:48 PM

Unfortunately, backing up my presentation to the desktop also failed ("An error occurred while attempting to backup your presentation.  Retry"  

I plan to project off of the computer I created this on (fortunately), but I fear I have no way to ensure I have anything saved.

Ben

Posts 36
Ben Schoffmann | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 6:50 PM

It also failed when trying to write to a thumb drive.

Posts 4
Worship Center | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:01 PM

We can't log into the software period. It's asking for an activation code or to use watermarks. Our media guy lost all of his work because it wouldn't sync then kicked him off the program and won't reload. This is only our second weekend using this program- need some serious resolve quickly. Anybody around?

Posts 11
Josh Cougle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:16 PM

Ben... I got the same error... I clicked skip and it gave me a backup successful message.  Hopefully most of it's there or we're sunk for tomorrow.  I may get the old overhead projector out... :)

Posts 124
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:27 PM

The On-Screen Bible feature also seems to be off-line. I was ill this week and am trying to finish up tonight... going to be a long night, I guess.

Just a word of encouragement - Scott Alexander and the rest of the Logos/Proclaim staff: Thanks for all you're trying to do to get us back up!  I'm encouraged that I can get into this message board (couldn't earlier today) - progress is being made. Blessings, partners in ministry!

Posts 4
Worship Center | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:34 PM

Rev. Lawrence Becker:

The On-Screen Bible feature also seems to be off-line. I was ill this week and am trying to finish up tonight... going to be a long night, I guess.

Just a word of encouragement - Scott Alexander and the rest of the Logos/Proclaim staff: Thanks for all you're trying to do to get us back up!  I'm encouraged that I can get into this message board (couldn't earlier today) - progress is being made. Blessings, partners in ministry!

Well said, Rev.

Posts 11
Josh Cougle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:37 PM

I got the error when backing up... skipped past the error... and continued the backup 'til it said complete... moved the file on a usb drive... worked like a charm... so if you're getting the error, just skip past it.

Like Rev. Becker... I appreciate the work you guys are doing.  I have to be honest... I've caused my share of problems during critical worship times and have always found workarounds... as long as the backup/restore workaround is there... and as long as this doesn't happen every week (which so far, it's been pretty reliable)... count me a happy customer.  Of course... I do still appreciate a quick fix :)

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:38 PM

Worship Center:
We can't log into the software period. It's asking for an activation code or to use watermarks.

I just replied to your post here.

Worship Center:
Our media guy lost all of his work because it wouldn't sync then kicked him off the program and won't reload.

No work should be lost. If sync is failing your changes will remain local until sync is working again. 

Really sorry for the issues, this is not the norm Sad

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:41 PM

Ben Schoffmann:

Unfortunately, backing up my presentation to the desktop also failed ("An error occurred while attempting to backup your presentation.  Retry"  

If a single file cannot be downloaded the backup reports itself as failing. Are you connected to the internet? Often retrying will succeed. If it doesn't you should be able to "Continue anyway" which will backup what it was currently cached. In other words - if you have the presentation working locally and you backup with errors you should still be fine. The errors likely represent failed downloads for a different aspect ratio which you probably won't use.

Ben Schoffmann:

I plan to project off of the computer I created this on (fortunately), but I fear I have no way to ensure I have anything saved.

Ben

If you plan to project of this computer then you're good, no need to back anything up, it's already cached locally.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:43 PM

Ben Schoffmann:

It also failed when trying to write to a thumb drive.

Not sure about this... shouldn't be Proclaim related. It's just a single file with a custom extension. What was the failure message?

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 22 2014 7:51 PM

Rev. Lawrence Becker:

On-Screen Bible and Bible service items rely on another one of our services (api.biblia.com) to retrieve reference text. Unfortunately this service is also affected by the same hardware failure. It has been up and down throughout the day.

OSB - If you already have OSB items in your presentation and are able to preview them you will be fine. The reference text is stored locally. While the service is down you will be unable to add new OSB items.

Bible - The same comments apply for Bible items except you can always manually add the reference text to the item itself (not possible for OSB).

Rev. Lawrence Becker:

Thanks for the kind words, especially during this stressful time!

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS