Do You Think That Faithline/Logos Should Give Discounts To Everyone Due To This Outage?

Page 1 of 4 (69 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 68 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 792
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 23 2014 12:23 PM

I image that would please a lot of people but should they or chalk it up as just one of those freaking things that happen and let's just move on?

Posts 408
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 12:26 PM

No. I see no reason that I deserve to profit over an unfortunate technical problem.

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 12:27 PM
Wait until holidays and you will get discount Wink

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 12:55 PM

No, I don't require a discount because of this. I will be completely happy and satisfied when the issue is resolved and steps are taken to minimized the chances of another occurance. I'm confident that the people at Logos are working to accomplish that.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 1111
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 1:03 PM

No, I don't feel that Logos has harmed me.  Stuff happens, we fix it and go on.

Posts 3854
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 1:43 PM

I don't expect a discount from LOGOS - I have been minimally affected since I have been travelling between Chicago, IL, and Rochester, NY, for most of the outage.  On the other hand,  I do think AMTRAK owes me a discount for kicking me out of Chicago and sending me to Washington DC, NYC, before getting me to Rochester.  If they had let me stay one more night in Chicago, I would not be nearly as tired and would have gotten to Rochester four hours earlier.  As I heard one AMTRAK employ describe what I experienced, we were "kicked out of Chicago".  

LOGOS did not bother me with there outage.  AMTRAK did.  So if LOGOS did cost you time or product or productivity then maybe they do owe you some kind of benefit.  This does not describe me - since I could not access the LOGOS servers while traveling.

I realize that this has more to say about my frustration with AMTRAK that LOGOS' problems this weekend.  But it helps me to put the two problems in perspective.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 4158
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 2:18 PM

while I wouldn't be contentious about it, when my cell service goes down, I get a pro-rated rebate. You might argue we aren't paying monthly, and you would be right. However I believe we have a reasonable expectation that the services advertised be available When we need them. 

i wouldn't be mad or pout if they don't give me something. I don't even know how to quantify the financial culpability when something they give us for free quits working (ie a pro-rated pct of 0$ is still 0$) so it will be interesting to see how it's handled. 

as a long time user, my faith isn't shaken as one individual said in one of the threads. they have always been consistently up. Very rarely down. Sometimes stuff happens. 

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 1085
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 2:30 PM

EastTN:
No, I don't feel that Logos has harmed me.  Stuff happens, we fix it and go on.

Yes

Posts 623
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 2:30 PM

Nope

Posts 2780
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 2:55 PM

No. I'm NOT looking for any special discount or reimbursement. My prayer is that they are able to fix it soon. I have been in their shoes, pulling an all-nighter, in need of a shower, troubleshooting, repairing, and trying to bring the entire system up before the 8AM case managers and others arrive.

I feel and pray for the tech team, because I can imagine what they are going through.

I pray for Logos/Faithlife, because I can imagine how far this can go in distrust and lost customer support.

No, not looking for any discount, and if it was at all possible, I would offer to lend a hand (free of charge).

Knowing that Logos primary product is Bible Study resources, which allow people to study God's Word, I am sure that God will not let this come against them (or us) to the extent that the mission and purpose is lost.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 2:59 PM

I don't think we need a credit. If Logos wants to give us some form of free book we'd enjoy reading (they've done that before during other major issues that happened at Logos such as fires, break ins, etc.), I'd take it. :-)

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 2399
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 3:04 PM

Well, now  see 2 sides to this coin.  Logos is not a ministry,  They are a business and a decidedly for-profit business at that. If they offer a discount it probably would not be out of benevolence, but a marketing plan for profit.  

It's easy to be all business when we are making profits and suddenly wax spiritual when we need an excuse for trying to be so profitable we drop the ball in service and delivery. 

In light of that, many people probably did suffer loss of time, the confidence of those who trust them.  Imagine you just got the job of your dreams, a job you need for a variety of reasons, a job handling media for church and conferences. Or maybe it was your first sermon in a new congregation of skeptics.  You sold your superiors on Proclaim and Logos.  Then this happened.  You might suffer serious loss. Some good folks  probably lost their peace. Some may have commit harem scarum acts.  Emotional duress may have ensued.      

On the other hand...

Hey, Owell!  Sometimes things happen in life.  God probably isn't wringing His hands thinking, "Oh Dear! Why didn't I see this one coming? How will I ever save my lambs from drive failures and dead batteries?"   And if He isn't worried about it, then we needn't worry in God's behalf.  We aren't His Shepherd, its the other way around.      

Here is the part that matters:

Let patience and good will toward men reign.  Keep your peace--moreover keep your joy. "The LORD has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."  --Mic 6:8 NLT
May God bless the good folks at Logos and you all. 
I may have some responsibility for this topic having alluded to it in another thread about getting free Vyrso books.  For the record, I absolutely do not think Logos owes me Freebies or discounts as payment for a technology problem.  
I am looking forward to many great discounts to Everyone that I do expect from Logos over the next few weeks--due not to outage, but due to the Reason for the Season-Jesus Christ.
Happy American Thanksgiving to you all and a quickly coming Merry Christmas!
Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 3:10 PM

Do You Think That Faithline/Logos Should Give Discounts To Everyone Due To This Outage?

Have you made any mistakes today? Do you think you should go to Hell? Stick out tongue

Mistakes happen. I'm sure that they did not cause this on purpose. I'm sure they did not want this to happen. And I'm sure that they do not want it to happen again in the future. So I trust them, on their own without my input, to learn from the problem and make the system better for tomorrow. Companies have to grow. Multiple international redundant data centers are not cheap or easy. They have to grow into it.

Yes there is a level of accountability and responsibility required, giving good feedback is crucial, but let's not make this absurd.

Posts 792
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 4:14 PM

Randy W. Sims:

Have you made any mistakes today? Do you think you should go to Hell? Stick out tongue

Yeah I should have used Sage instead of Thyme in my dressing for thanksgiving and no I shouldn't go to hell for that but I might get sent to my room j/k Smile

The outage didn't effect me so I'm on board for those who don't expect a discount but the reason why I asked the question wasn't for my behalf but since I saw so many people outraged by this outage I wanted to see if they expected a pro rate or discounts on Faithline products.

This wasn't their fault so I don't blame them one bit for this. These things happen. Welcome to the tech age where things can go wrong with servers,connections,etc. I mean I was having problems with my internet for 3 days straight so again these things happen.

Glad to see some good Christian hearts that still are behind Faithline and don't expect anything from them except quality products and excellent customer service.

Posts 1344
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 4:37 PM

I was not harmed by this outage, and I expect nothing from it. Faithlife has already lost a big bundle over this, and I'm sure the post-mortem and recovery are not going to be any fun for them. The most I expect is that significant steps will be taken to help prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

James Hiddle:

The outage didn't effect me so I'm on board for those who don't expect a discount but the reason why I asked the question wasn't for my behalf but since I saw so many people outraged by this outage I wanted to see if they expected a pro rate or discounts on Faithline products.

This wasn't their fault so I don't blame them one bit for this. These things happen. Welcome to the tech age where things can go wrong with servers,connections,etc. I mean I was having problems with my internet for 3 days straight so again these things happen.

Glad to see some good Christian hearts that still are behind Faithline and don't expect anything from them except quality products and excellent customer service.

So, this thread is a test who is a good Christian? One's expectations of a company that one has a long-term business relationship with is a measure of one's sanctification? I seriously don't understand many of the posts made in this forum.

And, while I have a lot of sympathy for Faithlife right now, this is kind of the exact opposite of "excellent customer service."

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 4:38 PM

I won't even try to guess how much money Faithlife has already lost due to lost sales aa a result of the web site being down. With that in mind, I would not want them to lose any more simply because I was inconvenienced. As others have noted, my desktop program runs fine and I have not been harmed in any way.

it is not only the customers who miss the servers, I am sure that Faithlife is feeling it too. The longer the servers are down the less income they have to pay the bills.

Posts 2399
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 4:56 PM

Maybe the deacons could set up a little fund for donations to help in this time of need.

Posts 792
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 5:53 PM

Sean:
So, this thread is a test who is a good Christian? One's expectations of a company that one has a long-term business relationship with is a measure of one's sanctification? I seriously don't understand many of the posts made in this forum.

You got me yes it was a test to see who is a good Christian. I wanted to know so I can judge you all and condemn you to hellfire and brimstone for thinking otherwise Stick out tongue

I saw many people upset about this so I wanted an opinion that's all. Ok maybe I bit off more than I chewed with my post so my bad on that but I won't judge those who want one either. It's an opinion not a judgement and if my posts sounds like I was judging people my apologizes to those who thought that.

But my intentions was for opinions not judgements. Just curious that's all.

Now I will shut my mouth before I get lynched again!

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 6:03 PM

James Hiddle:
Yeah I should have used Sage instead of Thyme in my dressing

I don't know, brother. It might not earn you hellfire, but dressing without sage? That ain't right! Tongue Tied

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 23 2014 7:09 PM

James Hiddle:
Yeah I should have used Sage instead of Thyme in my dressing for thanksgiving and no I shouldn't go to hell for that but I might get sent to my room j/k Smile

I think you should get some serious time out for that!  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 4 (69 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS