Clippings for one Book

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
joel | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 24 2014 1:47 AM

Hi

Is there a keyboard for clipping? just like there is for highlighting?

Or can clippings be set to higlight as well?

Also can i remove the biography from clippings export. 

My purpose is to take lots of clippings from one book to make into a book summary.

Posts 25203
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 2:36 AM

Hi Joel

joel:
Is there a keyboard for clipping? just like there is for highlighting?

Not to the best of my knowledge.

I think I understand what you are asking for - a key to add a selected range of text to a clipping document. Is that right?

It's somewhat different to the ability to add a highlight to a selected range of text - and we don't have the ability to add that same range of text to a notes document with an assigned shortcut.

One of the challenges would be specifying which clippings document you wanted the section copied to

joel:
Or can clippings be set to higlight as well?

No - clippings don't highlight although I believe it has been requested

joel:
Also can i remove the biography from clippings export. 

What specifically are you looking for here? Having reference information in the clipped article is something many people find helpful in being able to get back to the original resource

joel:
My purpose is to take lots of clippings from one book to make into a book summary.

Another option could be creating a Personal Book (https://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books - although the server seems down at the moment). Have you looked at that as an option?

Graham

Posts 12104
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 2:52 AM

joel:

One alternative could be the new "Quote" view in Notes, which will show the text you highlighted. AFAIK this does not contain the bibliographic information.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 25203
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 2:57 AM

NB.Mick:

joel:

One alternative could be the new "Quote" view in Notes, which will show the text you highlighted. AFAIK this does not contain the bibliographic information.

That's a good ideaYes

Posts 4
joel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 1:17 AM

I'm guessing this is only for logos 6?

Bummer

Grahem the reason why I don't want biographical notes is because when doing a book summary its all from the one source. 

Cheers

Posts 25203
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 1:25 AM

joel:
I'm guessing this is only for logos 6?

The Quotes view is, indeed, only available in Logos 6

joel:
Grahem the reason why I don't want biographical notes is because when doing a book summary its all from the one source. 

Understood - thanks

If you copy/paste to a notes document with "Copy Citations" (Program Settings) set to Off then the biographical information is not copied across.

I don't know if that helps at all

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS