Resource purchased this weekend licensed on one computer, not on another!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 24 2014 7:15 AM

I bought Knowing Jesus: 150 Reflections on the Life and Teaching of Christ, free on Vyrso, this weekend during all the fuss.  This morning I found it is not on, nor is it licensed, on my work computer. I restarted Verbum, my computer, did Update Resource several times, no help. I cannot seem to buy it again as it is greyed out because I have bought it (the invoice and order are in my Orders page but the resource is not a link like other resource purchases), if I click on the greyed out button it will not put it in my shopping cart.

How do I get this resource on the one computer that does not have it?

Posts 3116
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 7:15 AM

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the server outages....

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 7:30 AM

I am sure it is - something is probably corrupted or incomplete or something, as I did not get a chance to immediately download it over the weekend. There is probably a database or something I can delete and It will download the resource.

Posts 8195
LogosEmployee

I confirmed that it is unlocked on your account, and have asked the server to re-send the latest licenses to you.

If everything's working correctly, Logos/Verbum should have started downloading the file already (if they're running) or will do it shortly after the next startup.

If it's still not working, we may need to see some log files of you running "update resources".

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 7:43 AM

Thanks Bradley. I restarted and it did not download, nor did Update Resources help. So I exited, cleared out all my old log files, and restarted with logging and did an UPdate Resources which failed. Note there is a error file it looks like some sort of exception happened - the Zip file has every file it created.

Let me know if you need more or want me to try something! Thanks.

7652.Verbum Log Files.zip

Posts 8195
LogosEmployee

Thanks for posting the logs; they confirmed that there's still something happening server-side. We'll get this fixed ASAP.

Posts 8195
LogosEmployee

Can you try it again?

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 8:49 AM

You fixed it! It downloaded on its own without me having to restart or do update resources. Thanks Bradley!

Posts 8195
LogosEmployee

Glad to hear it's fixed, but my involvement was simply reporting the problem; thanks goes to our hard-working operations teams (and I'll pass it along).

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 9:40 AM

Thanks Bradley, please do. I have lived their life of this weekend in the past and it is no fun - and I appreciate all they are doing to minimize the impact of this no matter how severe it can seem to us at times.

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 9:42 AM

Glad it worked out for you God bless Bradley for his wonderful advice as well as you always.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS