Apology for Server Failure

Page 2 of 4 (77 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 76 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 10
Cynthia Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 12:32 PM

Hello Mr. Pritchett:

99% of what you said above is so far over my head, but truth be told, the most important words I saw were "I apologize..."  Things happen, and the blessing in disguise here is that you never would have learned all you learned if it was not for what you just went through.  Isn't that the purpose of a trial. 

"Consider it JOY my brethren when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance..."

I too was praying for all the workers of Faithlife and am happy to see you back online.  Get some sleep now, and ask the "why" questions TOMORROW!!!

Blessings,

Cynthia Feenstra

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 12:33 PM

Thank You!

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 12:35 PM

Cynthia Feenstra:

Hello Mr. Pritchett:

99% of what you said above is so far over my head, but truth be told, the most important words I saw were "I apologize..."  Things happen, and the blessing in disguise here is that you never would have learned all you learned if it was not for what you just went through.  Isn't that the purpose of a trial. 

"Consider it JOY my brethren when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance..."

I too was praying for all the workers of Faithlife and am happy to see you back online.  Get some sleep now, and ask the "why" questions TOMORROW!!!

Blessings,

Cynthia Feenstra

Some how I got signed in under a different email.  One I don't even use here (But did I guess at the beginning of my account)  Hmmm...anyway, I am re-posting this so you know who I am.

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 12:40 PM

I have total confidence in Logos as a product and as a company.  The way they handle a crisis such as this simply reaffirms my confidence in them.  Thanks for all you do for us.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 1:05 PM

Bob Pritchett:
I am so sorry for inconveniencing so many of you this weekend, and I promise you that we will try to live out our company values (http://www.slideshare.net/BobPritchett/faithlife-corporate-culture-40614282) and turn these mistakes into learning experiences and return to delivering an Awesome experience and delighting our customers.
 I think you are doing an outstanding job! When you are depending on technology things happen sometimes. I totally understand. I wish everyone else did. Keep up the great work! No complaints here about anything.  

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 1:23 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Ultimately the fault is mine.

Whatever the technical investigation reveals, I am ultimately responsible to deliver the products and services you rely on, and I let you down. 

-- Bob

Words of a true leader!

Posts 46
Peter Bongers | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 1:24 PM

Thanks for the explanation and the apology... not sure you can take 100% of the blame though. That you have plans to protect against this happening again and that you have learned through this is encouraging. Thanks to everyone for working so hard to get the system back "up" and running! Yes

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 1:37 PM

Dave Hooton:

Bob Pritchett:
I am very sorry for the inconvenience to all of you.

That is much appreciated, together with the level of detail.

Absolutely, and thank you Bob for the transparency and honesty in your reply. Nearly a year after one of the biggest banks in the UK had a massive failure that took out all its cash dispensers and payment systems, we still haven't had an explanation as clear and open as this one. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 168
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 1:44 PM

Thanks Bob for the detailed explanation and apology. 

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 2:43 PM

This is one of the reasons I love Logos!!! For the record, I've never received an apology from any other CEO...

Posts 2760
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 3:04 PM

Randall Hartman:

This is one of the reasons I love Logos!!! For the record, I've never received an apology from any other CEO...

Yes

It is very, very rare (in the world) that you will see a CEO take personal ownership of an issue, and make a public apology, unless there is absolutely no choice (it is seen as a sign of weakness). Logos/Bob can place on paper all he/they want that Logos is strictly a business and nothing more, but I continue to see (and appreciate) a ministry/business. His ways (as seen) of conducting business, and his mannerism shows a very different picture than just business only.

I am with Bob and Logos regardless of pretty much what negative things may occur.

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 3:51 PM

Thanks for the explanation Bob.

It is a testament to your character to provide an apology on such a public forum that allows us to react and write things that may not be in your control.

Thanks to the team for working through the weekend. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Posts 21875
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 4:18 PM

Bob Pritchett:
I am very sorry for the inconvenience to all of you.

Bob Pritchett:
Be assured, though, that we will thoroughly examine this incident and take from it a lot of lessons and make the necessary changes.

Thanks Bob - appreciated

Posts 1966
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 5:48 PM

Thanks Bob!  I hope you guys are able to find a solution that works without having to spend a fortune.  

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 5:57 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Randall Hartman:

Yes

It is very, very rare (in the world) that you will see a CEO take personal ownership of an issue, and make a public apology, unless there is absolutely no choice (it is seen as a sign of weakness). Logos/Bob can place on paper all he/they want that Logos is strictly a business and nothing more, but I continue to see (and appreciate) a ministry/business. His ways (as seen) of conducting business, and his mannerism shows a very different picture than just business only.

I am with Bob and Logos regardless of pretty much what negative things may occur.

Agreed! In this corporate world you hardly ever see a CEO not taking personal responsibility for his company when it comes to issues like this and to come to an open forum and apologize for something that wasn't even his fault.

Bob humbled himself in front of us and we should be thankful for that. God bless a CEO for doing that and God bless Bob always.

Posts 82
Ed Stone | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 6:10 PM

Thank you for the update!  Your hands on approach is yet another reason (among many others) why I continue to be a loyal long-time Logos customer! Praying for you all!

Ed

Posts 3

Sounds like it has been a very demanding weekend for you, Bob, and your team.  You are in prayer.  We are grateful for your ministry -

Posts 2910
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 7:24 PM

God bless you Logos. May the Good Lord guide and give you  more capability in handling all the wisdom you need to apply in your activities.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 7:28 PM

Thank you Bob!

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 11:41 PM

Thank you for the kind words and prayers of support and encouragement.

Bob Pritchett:
(For example, I'm told that the storage system was back up relatively soon, but despite reporting health simply wasn't performing as it should. We don't yet know why.)

It turns out that we discovered a significant bug in the storage framework; that's what has led an embarrassing (but theoretically straightforwardly recoverable) hardware component failure to turn into a continuing nightmare: the system 'locked down' write access to the servers to protect data integrity even after the failed hardware was replaced, and we've been unable to get it out of this lockdown. (The services that are back up are on new hardware / systems, etc.)

Jim Straatman has posted more technical details at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/96630.aspx and I'm confident he and the team will be able to get it back up with the help of Inktank's engineers, now that the bug has been identified.

Email continues to be down -- giving me a strange 'how can I still be breathing? yet I am!' feeling -- so if you need to reach me feel free to use bobpritchett@gmail.com or a direct tweet @BobPritchett. (We have a five day inbound email buffer through our outside spam screener, so emails you've sent while we're down are queued up and will deliver once service is restored.)

Page 2 of 4 (77 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS