Apology for Server Failure

Page 3 of 4 (77 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 76 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 11:46 PM

Bugs, only entomologists like them.

I hope you have a service contract that covers economic loss or some form of compensation!

Posts 30
Jacques | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 1:21 AM

Bob Pritchett:

I am very sorry for the inconvenience to all of you.

-- Bob

Please accept our apology also.  When we get frustrated and start throwing our toys around and make harsh comments we tend to forget we are part of the Faithlife community. We all enjoy the good times, and sometimes, struggle to patiently endure the bad times - which is part and parcel of this life.

Thanks to you and the team for the sacrifices made in this time.

Posts 22
John O'Malley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 2:40 AM

As a one week old Logos user – there is grace for you and your team. 

Posts 26269
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 2:51 AM

Welcome John ... your spelling and typing is phenomenal for a week old infant ... Wink Yes, I know what you really meant. It's clearly time for me to wrap up the forum reading for the night. Nice to end on a post that is gracious.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10519
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 3:32 AM

Bob Pritchett:
Whatever the technical investigation reveals, I am ultimately responsible to deliver the products and services you rely on, and I let you down. 

You realize, of course, that this disqualifies you from ever entering American politics. No politician ever takes responsibility for his own failures, much less for those under his supervision Big Smile

Thank you and your team for the dedication to customer service and for the hard work putting things back to normal. Also thank you for the explanation(s) of what happened.

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 9:10 AM

Jack Caviness:

Bob Pritchett:
Whatever the technical investigation reveals, I am ultimately responsible to deliver the products and services you rely on, and I let you down. 

You realize, of course, that this disqualifies you from ever entering American politics. No politician ever takes responsibility for his own failures, much less for those under his supervision Big Smile

Thank you and your team for the dedication to customer service and for the hard work putting things back to normal. Also thank you for the explanation(s) of what happened.

Yeah show me a politician that takes responsibility for his mistakes and I'll show you a hobbit riding a unicorn while singing karaoke Big Smile 

Posts 22
John O'Malley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 12:40 PM

Big Smile

Posts 22
John O'Malley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 12:40 PM

Big Smile

Posts 2760
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 3:02 PM

Lee:

I hope you have a service contract that covers economic loss or some form of compensation!

Many companies have Loss Insurance Policies in place. The thing is whether they want to use it or not. Using it more than likely means increased rates for life.

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:53 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Lee:

Many companies have Loss Insurance Policies in place. The thing is whether they want to use it or not. Using it more than likely means increased rates for life.

Unfortunately, it sounds that the company did not have a comprehensive service contract for the fault in question.

Posts 2760
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 6:07 PM

Lee:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Lee:

Unfortunately, it sounds that the company did not have a comprehensive service contract for the fault in question.

That is unfortunate, which would only leave the options of paying out of pocket for the additional equipment and engineering, or to use the insurance policy (I'm pretty sure Logos has one). Both options can be very expensive.

Posts 14
Frederick Schaffner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 6:13 PM

Bob,

Thank you so much for your continued work on Logos. Having been with Logos since the very first product I have been more than pleased with the quality of service and quality of software.

I trust you will soon find all the remedies needed to make this great product fully functional again.

Blessings,

Rick Schaffner

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 6:25 PM

Thanks Bob for the report, and I wouldn't say you "let us down" at all. Your team has been working overtime to get things back online for us, and I was still able to access my critical books for school and my critical Bible study tools. I had to change a few study habits during the meantime, but nothing that wasn't simple enough to do, and I'm just thankful for all the hard work you've all put in. Keep up the great work! Hang in there!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 1401
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 26 2014 9:45 AM

Well, today my Internet connection is very slow, and it turned out that the biggest Internet operator in Finland has problems in the overseas connections. They found that an excavator had cut an optical cable to Sweden. This means that missing redundancy somewhere in the network can happen to anyone Sad

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 6
Matt Swank | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 16 2014 2:51 PM

So basically we have been sold (and payed good money for) a cloud based system that didn't actually have proper cloud infrastructure.  Interesting.

Having an international cloud business with two database centers only 100mi from each other is hardly robust.  The US has had power blackouts for whole regions for multiple days.  While it's definitely not common, it does happen.  When this happens you are not just affecting a customer base in the US but around the world.  If you are really going to sell this as an international cloud based system then you should have redundancy in other parts of the world.  Based on this experience it seems like I'm paying for one thing and getting something else.  

I do really like the Logos software.  However, I am finding it hard to justify upgrading to Logos 6 or buying other books and commentaries when there isn't proper infrastructure.  Which is really disappointing since I was looking forward to both the upgrade and adding a couple commentaries this Christmas. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 16 2014 3:10 PM

Matt Swank:
The US has had power blackouts for whole regions for multiple days.

I understand your dissatisfaction but hyperbole does not help your point.     Days??

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 6
Matt Swank | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 16 2014 3:28 PM

A few years ago there was a power outage that covered the North East, parts of the Midwest and Ontario.  It affected millions (literally not hyperbole) and for many of us it lasted 4 days.

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 16 2014 4:27 PM

Super.Tramp:

Matt Swank:

I understand your dissatisfaction but hyperbole does not help your point.     Days??

It's not hyperbole. Where my cousins live in Connecticut they've have had blackouts lasting up to a week, in the winter no less, twice in the past couple of years. Parts of Long Island were without power for a week or more after Hurricane Sandy. A major earthquake in the Pacific Northwest (the anticipated "Big One") could cause widespread power outages for days.

On the other hand, Faithlife's response to this data center failure was to redouble their efforts to set up redundancy in more than one geographic location. They were already on a path to do that before this failure happened, and I'm guessing they are working as hard as they can to have it finalized before something like this happens again. It would be nice to hear an update on that.

Posts 27550
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 16 2014 6:21 PM

Super.Tramp:

Matt Swank:

What is hyperbole about that? It is true! 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 16 2014 6:34 PM

The blackout I remember in the North-East did not last several days. (Did it?)  And that scale of an outage is extremely rare.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 3 of 4 (77 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS