Can't find resources (documents) in Ipad

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 25 2014 8:22 AM

Hello folks,

I have many resources on Logos Windows that are not appearing on my Ipad.  I do a search for them and they don't show up.  Can't even find them in the store.

I'm running Logos 6 for Windows 8.1 and verseon 4.3.7 on the ipad, which I believe is the latest one.  

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mark Winder.

Posts 25203
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 9:05 AM

Mark Winder:
I have many resources on Logos Windows that are not appearing on my Ipad.  I do a search for them and they don't show u

Can you give some examples? There are some resources which are available in the desktop environment but not on mobile (primarily due to licencing restrictions)

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 9:10 AM

Thanks. I had to delete Logos from the Ipad and then re-install it - at which point they updated my resources, and my desired docs appeared (looking for Ferguson's "By Grace Alone" and Genesis commentary by John Currid.  Both appeared after I reinstalled Logos.

I don't want to have to do that every time I want to update a resource though, or whenever something goes missing.  Is there a way to do that without deleting the whole app?

And one more question - do you know if there is a way to tell if you are document will be available in Mobile Before you buy it? Many of my resources I specifically want for reading and highlighting on the iPad so that the highlighting will then carry over to the computer.

Thanks!

Posts 25203
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 9:22 AM

Mark Winder:
I don't want to have to do that every time I want to update a resource though, or whenever something goes missing.  Is there a way to do that without deleting the whole app?

It depends on the issue - sometimes typing the command "rebuild index" into the reference box on the home screen will do it. (Please note this is an "undocumented feature" and there is no acknowledgement for it - you will probably see the network activity indicator going while the reindexing is taking place)

Mark Winder:
And one more question - do you know if there is a way to tell if you are document will be available in Mobile Before you buy it?

It is shown on the product page - see example below

Posts 26
Mark Winder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 25 2014 9:23 AM

Thanks so much.  This is a big help.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS