Page 2 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 286
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 6:28 AM

Same error. Verbum App 4.4.5  Android version 4.2.2. Everything else on the SD card works fine and I don't have enough device memory to move it there.

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 536
L.A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 7:54 AM

I'd the same error message.

1. disappointment (going to have an intercontinental flight today) [never 'play' with updates just before... --- I'll never learn this lesson... Zip it! ]
  2. uninstall one of the apps (Biblia!) [I have various apps installed in order to better organize my ressources]
  3. restart the tablet (Android 4.2 / ASUS Memopad)
  4. install Biblia! and sign in
  5. Voilá - all other apps sign in Wink

A simple restart of the device might be enough. 

Posts 59
Eric Ruhnow | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 8:05 AM

L.A.:

I'd the same error message.

1. disappointment (going to have an intercontinental flight today) [never 'play' with updates just before... --- I'll never learn this lesson... Zip it! ]
  2. uninstall one of the apps (Biblia!) [I have various apps installed in order to better organize my ressources]
  3. restart the tablet (Android 4.2 / ASUS Memopad)
  4. install Biblia! and sign in
  5. Voilá - all other apps sign in Wink

A simple restart of the device might be enough. 

Unfortunately reboot will not clear the problem on a 4.4.2 Moto X. 

Lenovo TS130 Xeon E3-1245V2 | 20GB | 256 GB SSD (OS and Logos) | 3TB WD Red | Windows 10 Pro x64

L4 & L5 Platinum, L6 Gold, L5 Reformed Gold, L6 Reformed Bronze, L7 Lutheran Silver, L7 Reformed Starter, L7 Full Feature Set

Posts 977
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 10:20 AM

There is a bug with upgrading to a new shared account system in 4.4. The workaround is to:

1. Install one of the other Faithlife reader apps (Bible, Faithlife Study Bible, Verbum, Vyrso, Noet, Biblia)
  2. Sign into that app with the same email address used in the app that failed to start
  3. Kill and restart the app that failed to start

We will get a proper fix out ASAP after we find the root cause. I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused you.

Dave

Posts 6
James Powell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 11:00 AM

This worked (Dave's fix); a quick fix.  Thanks!

Posts 6
James Baker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 11:25 AM

Looks like Google Play pulled all the apps. I can't find one to download.

edit: I did find Noet and after instalation, login, and force close of Bible it worked.

Posts 977
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 1:45 PM

We were able to correct the problem by making a change to a web service. Version 4.4.5 should be working normally now. You may need to force quit and restart the app.

I did temporarily unpublish the apps while we determined the cause of the problem. It may take a couple hours for them to come back on Google Play.

Posts 2760
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 2:40 PM

Mark Nolette:

Same problem with Android 4.2.  I don't have a lot of resources downloaded on my device, so I uninstalled and then reinstalled. The app basically works - more or less. However, when I select resources from my desktop app to be downloaded on my device, nothing happens. I can download resources from the device individually, though. 

Please see this thread https://community.logos.com/forums/t/94921.aspx

For anyone that has installed the app on their device some time ago, and do not have any critical issues, it may be best not to reload or reinstall the app at this time.

Posts 1631
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 27 2014 3:59 PM

Dave Dunkin (Faithlife):
The workaround is ...

Thanks. That worked for me.

Posts 1631
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 2 2014 9:12 PM

Allen Browne:

Dave Dunkin (Faithlife):
The workaround is ...

Thanks. That worked for me.

Actually, the workaround did not work the way I expected.

I had hoped that this would mean I retained all the books I had downloaded. It did not.

It looks like I now have to download over 1GB of resources again. :-(

Posts 1073
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 7:39 AM

Dave 

I did not know that the app had a problem before, and i was using Bible 4.3.9 before I uninstalled and then installed it Bible again but then none of my books will download now. 

I tried to install the faithlife study Bible like you said in this post. This is still not working for me so i only have LEB Bible downloaded. 

What can i do to fix this? do i need to wait for you guys to do something. I need detailed steps because i don't really know what it is you are asking us to do.

I am not happy because i use my tablet almost everyday. And now i can't.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 286
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 7:46 AM

Lee:

Dave 

I did not know that the app had a problem before, and i was using Bible 4.3.9 before I uninstalled and then installed it Bible again but then none of my books will download now. 

I tried to install the faithlife study Bible like you said in this post. This is still not working for me so i only have LEB Bible downloaded. 

What can i do to fix this? do i need to wait for you guys to do something. I need detailed steps because i don't really know what it is you are asking us to do.

I am not happy because i use my tablet almost everyday. And now i can't.

This was my understanding:

1. Go to Google Apps and install a program like Noet or Verbum from Faithlife.
  2. Log in using the same email you use for Bible.
  3. Close out Noet/Verbum.
  4. Open Bible
  5. Try to install the books again.

I had this problem last night and there were a couple of times I had to download the books a few times to make it succeed. But right now, it seems to work.

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 977
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 7:51 AM

One of our services is down or degraded this morning. This will cause books to not download most or all of the time. We're working on bringing the service back up.

Posts 1073
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 8:12 AM

Thanks David 

I tried that but it did not work for me.

Dave the service may be the problem for me. 

I also sent in logs from my device to logos and called tech support about this. 

it's 10 pm here so i'm hoping this will be better in the morning when i go to the office.

Thanks everyone.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 1:32 PM

i am getting this as well. The above steps did not work. This all started when i told the Logos app to update (i have not updated the Vyrso or Faithlife apps).

Is there a way on the desktop to make a collection of books which are on my Nexus7 which are in the Logos app ?

That way i would at least know all the books that i had previously downloaded into the Logos app and then i could uninstall the Logos app and re-download the same books.

EDIT:

i ended up using the Library with the Column sorted for Device and manually went thru all the books 1 at a time to see which ones that i had downloaded into the Logos app. (since i kept most of the books in this app it turned out easier to note which ones that were not downloaded into the Logos app).

Then i created a new Collection and started with Device=nexus (since i only have 1 device & had named it nexus).

i realized that when i get to uninstalling the Logos app that all these book names will go away. So i manually dragged them to the Plus these resources. (i was disappointed that i could not just select all of them and drag them once. That didn't even work trying to drag them from the library to the collection).

Then i removed the RULE to see if the collection count match what the rule showed (and it did). So now i have a list of which books that i originally had downloaded into the Logos app on my nexus.

Guess now i need to UNINSTALL the Logos app and then have it download these books again.

It will take some time since i had over 100 books downloaded into the Logos app. i don't keep so many in the other 2 apps because i used them as a quick way to view other translations (between the 3 apps i can view 6 translations without having to change books).

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 2:21 PM

steve clark:

Is there a way on the desktop to make a collection of books which are on my Nexus7 which are in the Logos app ?

That way i would at least know all the books that i had previously downloaded into the Logos app and then i could uninstall the Logos app and re-download the same books.

Our servers sync which resources are downloaded to your device.  If you uninstall and reinstall the app, books that were previously downloaded should automatically download again (assuming you are using the same sign-in account).

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 2:31 PM

Kevin Byford:
Our servers sync which resources are downloaded to your device.  If you uninstall and reinstall the app, books that were previously downloaded should automatically download again (assuming you are using the same sign-in account).

Thanks Kevin !!

Guess i will find out shortly Surprise

Edit:

i guess my big problem is i only connect to the wifi once every few months. Usually i am just reading the Bible versions during Sunday School & Church.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 3:00 PM

Kevin,

Kevin Byford:
If you uninstall and reinstall the app, books that were previously downloaded should automatically download again (assuming you are using the same sign-in account).

Uninstall/reinstall went pretty quick. But i don't see anything downloading. Is there something that i need to do to get this started? (i am connected to the wifi)

Posts 1
Wnwinllaa | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 29 2014 6:23 PM

You can download the app to computer,then copy this app from pc to android devices.Maybe you need some tool to help.

Posts 1
Eugene Simmons | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2015 6:33 AM

To Alan: I have a Google Nexus 7 2013 and I am having the same issue with Logos Bible and Faithlife apps. Uninstalling them and reinstalling from Google Play has not worked, neither has a factory reset. I have contacted Nexus as well as Logos and have yet to get a solution. Is there an internal problem?

Page 2 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS