Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 47 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2015 11:21 AM

Eugene Simmons:

To Alan: I have a Google Nexus 7 2013 and I am having the same issue with Logos Bible and Faithlife apps. Uninstalling them and reinstalling from Google Play has not worked, neither has a factory reset. I have contacted Nexus as well as Logos and have yet to get a solution. Is there an internal problem?

What version of Android are you running?  The apps require Android 4.1.x or above.

Posts 3
Steven Sulouff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 5 2015 9:22 PM

No joy. Tried all the above work arounds. All faithlife apps go immediately to error screen "cannot copy data to sd card" galaxy s3 android 4.4.2. Freedom pop/ sprint.  Logos tech help email said "make data go to phone" but I cannot even open the app to change settings. 

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 5 2015 9:50 PM

Steven Sulouff:

No joy. Tried all the above work arounds. All faithlife apps go immediately to error screen "cannot copy data to sd card" galaxy s3 android 4.4.2. Freedom pop/ sprint.  Logos tech help email said "make data go to phone" but I cannot even open the app to change settings. 

Hi Steven,

Copying Logos data to the SD card is unsupported.  It *may* work for some newer devices on some newer versions of Android, but for the vast majority of devices it will not.

Posts 3
Steven Sulouff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 7 2015 10:05 PM

I don't care where it goes. I just want to use the app with all my books on it. I would be happy to send it to the phone but I don't have any options. When you say it is not supported that doesn't help me figure out how to get the app Working. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 8 2015 10:10 AM

Steven Sulouff:

I don't care where it goes. I just want to use the app with all my books on it. I would be happy to send it to the phone but I don't have any options. When you say it is not supported that doesn't help me figure out how to get the app Working. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Is the device rooted or is it using a factory supported Android?

Posts 3
Steven Sulouff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2015 2:08 PM

thanks Kevin for sticking with me. The phone is galaxy s3 sph-L710. after doing some research I read that it is rooted as all Freedom Pop phones are (trust me - that is not something I could accomplish). It is android version 4.4.2 but from my research there are no further updates available on the andriod version for this phone. It sounds like this version (4.4.2) messed with the write protection to sd card from 3rd party apps. I can move info from the phone to the sd card memory, but the problem persists: whenever I open the app it goes to a login title screen for a split second then goes to the error screen that says "could not copy files to sd card" with no other options to choose. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multipe times, formatted the sd card, used another freedom pop phone with a different sd card. I have tried all the work arounds previously mentioned but get nowhere. I know you will say "we dont support rooted phones" but I'm sure there has got to be an answer to this problem. Any suggestions?

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 13 2015 2:22 PM

I don't have any further suggestions, unfortunately.

Posts 52
Ezra Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2016 9:46 PM

Ok I got the bible app to work. I had vyrso installed as well. So I started vyrso and then reinstalled bible app and it worked. And all the reading plans appeared right too. Had to re-download everthing, but I am fine with that.

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS