Hidden Black Friday Mystery Deals

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 177
Alan | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 28 2014 9:26 PM

Dear Logos,

Please be aware that not everybody who purchases your products resides on the continent of America. Time zones and international phone costs do not make it possible to phone in for these deals.

Please get rid of the gimmick advertising and support all of your users.

Regards

Alan

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Posts 177
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 28 2014 9:29 PM

And friends, please don't tell me to use live chat, as it is closed during my office hours.

If email is an option then that should be posted instead of just a call in phone number.

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Posts 1203
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 28 2014 9:44 PM

Agreed; it is a little tacky. Once when they did this I emailed to find out what the deals were; I don't think I got a response. One time I found out through other avenues, but there was nothing that interested me. Now I just don't bother.

I'm still quite satisfied--and in debt--from the L6 base package I got, so I don't mind giving this sale a pass.

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 28 2014 10:20 PM

Agree with you both Alan and Sean.  Logos Bible Software is a product that does not need this sort of 'cheap' marketing and they are only creating extra undue pressure on their sale staff.  Put all the deals out their for everyone.  If you are going to buy up big, by all means I recommend contacting your sales rep to see if you are getting the best deal, but otherwise all offers should be on the table and not hidden away accessible to those for whom making a phone call is a workable option.  Yes I have used email in the past with a sales rep for these sort of offers but often it takes to long to get a response and the rest of the sale could be over and so you are left not really having the opportunity to make an informed choice with all of the offers in view at the same time.  Sadly I don't think Logos marketing will every grow up and move past this cheesy, cheap approach for which they think is 'cute' but only servers to disengage a proportion of their customer base which they clearly don't think matters because they continue with this sort of approach despite complaints every time they do this.

Posts 2590
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 28 2014 10:49 PM

I think that there is likely to be some sort of agreement with the publishers about pricing. I don't know how much of it affects what is on the web, but it's hardly unusual. Best bet is to contact your rep or the sales department by email if your interested and can't call. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2304
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 28 2014 10:51 PM

I live very far away, but Skype is pretty cheap and works 24 hours a day even on pretty shabby internet connections.    

Posts 19
Rick Cabral | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 12:19 AM

'Merica!!!

Posts 5002
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 12:21 AM

Alan:

Dear Logos,

Please get rid of the gimmick advertising and support all of your users.

Sean:

Agreed; it is a little tacky.

Disciple of Christ (doc):

Agree with you both Alan and Sean.  Logos Bible Software is a product that does not need this sort of 'cheap' marketing...Sadly I don't think Logos marketing will every grow up and move past this cheesy, cheap approach for which they think is 'cute' but only servers to disengage a proportion of their customer base which they clearly don't think matters because they continue with this sort of approach despite complaints every time they do this.

Two things.

First, as was pointed out in another thread, you can use the online chat option to speak to sales reps--you don't have to call. And there is Skype, as was pointed out above. I live in the US and I use Skype as my primary phone connection. My Logos sales rep said I had the clearest and richest connection of any customer he's ever spoken with, fwiw.

Also, I am pretty sure Bob has logical reasons for doing what he's doing. In this case, it's probably less about the deal than it is about getting people to develop relationships with Logos sales staff. This relationship will help virtually all Logos customers. Complaining about Bob trying to help his customers get the best possible deals is self-defeating silliness. Whether you choose to act on these particular deals or not, you will benefit from initiating a sales rep relationship.

Rather than seeing the cup half empty, see it half full.

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 12:41 AM

I don't necessarily think that Faithlife's approach is tacky, but agree that this is inconvenient for the international customer.

I live in the UK, but tend to work very long/unsocial hours. As such, I am only getting chance to look over the deals this morning. I have just emailed my sales rep, but have no expectation that he will be working on a Saturday. Given my hours on Monday, I am unlikely to pick up any response until very late. I do not make my best purchasing decisions when deprived of sleep Tongue Tied.

I don't believe that Logos owe me anything or that I am entitled to 'special treatment'. And, as David has said, I am sure this must work from a marketing and sales perspective, otherwise Faithlife would not persist with this approach. It may just be that the international market (which is mildly inconvenienced by this tactic) is minuscule when compared with the US market.

Having said this, I was able to complete the N.T. Wright collection at a great discount and, as such, I am very happy Big Smile.

Posts 250
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 2:33 AM

YesYesYes Agreed!

I hate to miss out on deals! But I prefer to and it is more convenient to order online.

Case in point: I know it was an extremely busy time during the Logos 6 release, but despite the fact I could have ordered instantly online the hour it was released, the tempting offer of having to talk to a sales rep to get a better deal, meant I had to wait 2 weeks (yes 2 weeks) before I could finally communicate with a sales rep. As my sales rep said apologetically, "We have 2.1 million customers to work with, and there are only 20 of us here in sales."

Why can the 'best' deals not be the online deals?

Makes sense to me.

James

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 3:51 AM

Andy Evans:
I don't believe that Logos owe me anything or that I am entitled to 'special treatment'.

I agree with you on this Andy, this issue is not about getting special treatment, this is just about a level playing field for all.

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 3:54 AM

James Hudson:

As my sales rep said apologetically, "We have 2.1 million customers to work with, and there are only 20 of us here in sales."

Why can the 'best' deals not be the online deals?

Exactly my argument James. This tactic not only makes it harder for international customers it puts undue pressure on sales staff who have just been through a new product release and now being asked to handle 'hidden lists'.

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 4:13 AM

I agree with you on this Andy, this issue is not about getting special treatment, this is just about a level playing field for all.

Apologies, DoC. I didn't intend to imply that you were being unreasonable. I agree with you (inasmuch as it would be preferable to have a 'level playing field')! I was actually replying (kind of) to David. Apologies that I didn't make that clear.

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 4:18 AM

All good I didn't take it that way Andy. There will of course be those who do disagree and each in entitled to their own opinion.

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 4:30 AM

David Paul:

Two things.

First, as was pointed out in another thread, you can use the online chat option to speak to sales reps--you don't have to call.

David the I did not see the post about using chat at the time I posted, and it is personally for me, it is not a preferred means of communication because you end up speaking to a random unknown person and it is not pushed by Logos as a means of accessing these sales so it does not come to mind.

David Paul:
And there is Skype

I don't have Skype, wouldn't know if I had what was required to use this service, and I don't want to be paying for a service that I would use once or twice a year to contact Logos to find out a hidden sales list has anything of interest to me.  

David Paul:
develop relationships with Logos sales staff.
I already have a relationship with a Logos sales staff member.

David Paul:
Complaining about Bob trying to help his customers get the best possible deals is self-defeating silliness.

The only thing silly here is your statement because our complaint is  that Logos marketing is not helping us.  If this sort of marketing works for you David great, but some for some us it doesn't work and calling it silliness is not going to change our minds on that.

Posts 23569
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 4:33 AM

Hi Doc

I don't have Skype, wouldn't know if I had what was required to use this service, and I don't want to be paying for a service that I would use once or twice a year to contact Logos to find out a hidden sales list has anything of interest to me.  

Not suggesting that you should use Skype but just wanted to clarify that using it in this way is a free service. You basically install an application on your desktop / mobile device, register as a user and then "call" Logos. 

Graham

Posts 9400
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 5:20 AM

I know that having call "mystery deals" will probably result in more sales but personally I'm of the opinion that I'd rather see everything on-line with all the prices listed as the "best" price.

I compare this to purchasing a car at a dealership. I dislike that, after researching the car, test driving etc. I have to then go to a salesperson and see what their "best" price is. Then this sales person goes to the manager and returns an answer. It may be just me but I prefer that everything is listed "up front".

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 562
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 1:38 PM

Bruce Dunning:

It may be just me but I prefer that everything is listed "up front".

I agree.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 4:45 PM

Nick Steffen:

Bruce Dunning:

It may be just me but I prefer that everything is listed "up front".

I agree.

Same here. I called and it didn't seem like anything too special. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 29 2014 5:36 PM

Is it an automated call or do you speak to a live person?

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS