Two problems continue ... one obvious, one hidden

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 359
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 1 2014 4:01 AM

First the good news .... L6 is working OK (as long as I am not using the internet).

The 2 problems ...

1. Synchronization is NOT working. L6 "synchronizes" for hours without achieving anything.

2. The logs show me there is a problem with the Reverse Interlinear manager, but all seems to work OK.

This problem has been with me for well over a month.

Can someone help?

Stephen Miller

Sydney, Australia

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 1 2014 10:43 AM

Stephen Miller:
1. Synchronization is NOT working. L6 "synchronizes" for hours without achieving anything

All the errors look like timeouts which can often result from firewall issues. Do you get any errors hitting this url from your browser? https://shortcutsapi.logos.com/v1/ (should just see plain text saying "Shortcuts")

Or if you are currently logged in at Logos.com do you get any errors hitting this url from your browser https://shortcutsapi.logos.com/v1/shortcuts/sync? (should return a string like {"serverId":"upgraded-from-sync-v1"})

If these don't return any errors  can you check your firewall settings to see if it blocks anything from the Logos 6 application specifically?

Regards,

Seth Copeland

Faithlife SW Development

Posts 8579
LogosEmployee

Stephen Miller:
2. The logs show me there is a problem with the Reverse Interlinear manager, but all seems to work OK.

Can you zip and upload the following two files?

D:\Logos 6\Logos\Data\rgh1gjib.pis\LibraryCatalog\catalog.db
D:\Logos 6\Logos\Data\rgh1gjib.pis\ReverseInterlinearManager\reverseinterlinearmanager.db

Posts 359
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 1 2014 3:04 PM

Seth,

Thx for the input.

I use Firefox (v34). Both urls you gave me timed out.

I tried the same on Chrome. The first url returned "shortcuts". The second url returned

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Thank you

Stephen

Posts 8579
LogosEmployee

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Can you zip and upload the following two files?

Discussion taken here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/97077/669675.aspx#669675 

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 1 2014 4:07 PM

Stephen Miller:

I use Firefox (v34). Both urls you gave me timed out.

I tried the same on Chrome. The first url returned "shortcuts". The second url returned

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

The second one on chrome returning 403 makes sense if you aren't logged in at logos.com as that requires authentication.

The fact that the first one on firefox times out is strange and may be related to the issues you are having.

Are you on a corporate type network? What are the proxy settings set to in Chrome vs Firefox? Can you ensure that the proxy settings are correct in windows' internet options, typically I think these are set to bet automatically detected if you're running just from your home.

Posts 359
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 2 2014 2:34 AM

Seth,

I have delayed answering your post because i was trying to work out what has gone wrong with Firefox. As in last post I use Firefox all the time. I connect to the Logos site almost every other day.

At the moment I cannot connect to Logos.com at all. No wonder the 2 pings you gave me did not work.

Using Chrome I can connect to the Logos site and the 2 pings now operate as you suggested.

Over the past couple of hours I have fiddled with every proxy setting and Firefox advice I have receieved, with no change.

Stephen

Posts 359
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 2 2014 3:24 AM

Seth,

Update ... I can now connect to the Logos.com site, but I cannot sign in. When I go to the forums page I am signed in (automatically).

I have been fiddling with the Firefox hiustory and cookies.

Does Logos.com need cookies or not?

Stephen

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 2 2014 10:09 AM

Stephen Miller:
Update ... I can now connect to the Logos.com site, but I cannot sign in. When I go to the forums page I am signed in (automatically).

On Chrome can you sign in?

What does Chrome say it is using for proxy settings. (Does it say it is using the system settings?). Chrome can override these if necessary, and maybe it is doing that, and something is wrong with the system settings. Go to settings -> show advanced -> network. Chrome for me says "Google Chrome is using your computer's system proxy settings to connect to the network.". Does it say the same for you?

Seth

Posts 359
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 2 2014 2:18 PM

Seth,

I have no ideas what is happening on my system. I usually have no trouble connecting to the Logos.com site and signing in.

At the moment I can connect to the Logos site ONLY after clearing the Firefox cache/cookies history.

I can sign in as normal in the forums page, but this does not carry over if I go to the logos.com page. I think it used to.

My settings for Chrome are as you suggest. I can't sign in with Chrome.

Stephen

Posts 359
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 7 2014 5:08 PM

Seth (or any bright computer person out there),

I am still having the endless synchronization problems. I have tried numerous "fixes" suggested by non-Logos sites with no success.

Here is an outline of the problem ....

1. If I run L6 without internet connection everything seems OK.

2. If I run L6 with internet connection Synchronization runs endlessly, without achieving anything. The logs tell me that the sync manager cannot connect. This slows L6 down.

3. Using Firefox, I cannot connect to the logos.com site unless I delete cookies IMMEDIATELY prior to connecting.

4. Once I connect to the logos.com site I CANNOT log on, no matter what I do.

5. I never have trouble connecting and logging on to the FORUMS site.

6. https://shortcutsapi.logos.com/v1/ gives correct result (if browser cookies have been deleted) but https://shortcutsapi.logos.com/v1/shortcuts/sync never connects.

I have tried every conceivable configuration with Connections and Firefox (cookies, privacy, proxy etc) with NO CHANGE to the above.

Can anyone help?

I do not particularly want to re-install L6, I have done that 3 times, each with a massive download. But I would copnsider, deleting and re-installing some part of Windows 7. Perhaps an installation to Windows 8 might be on the cards.

Stephen Miller

Sydney, Australia

The cookies I have received from the logos.com site are ....

SERVERID

_RequestVerificationToken

_ga

_gat

_gat_ecommercetracker

_utma

_utmb

_utmc

.ASPXAUTH

auth-services

Session

Posts 359
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 7 2014 5:18 PM

Just an extra diagnosis ...

Under Administrator cmd prompt ping logos.com (192.58.0.1) receives 0 out of 4. Every packet times out.

Stephen

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 8 2014 9:59 AM

Stephen Miller:
Under Administrator cmd prompt ping logos.com (192.58.0.1) receives 0 out of 4. Every packet times out.

Have you contacted tech support with this latest info? If they know you're having more than just sync issues, I think they'll be able to give you better assistance than I can. I'll go and notify them of this thread.

-Seth

Posts 343
Bob Soule | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 8 2014 11:25 AM

Stephen Miller:

Just an extra diagnosis ...

Stephen

You are getting this because logos.com must have icmp (Ping) blocked. I get the same time outs as well and I can sign in fine.

Posts 343
Bob Soule | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 8 2014 11:42 AM

Stephen Miller:

Seth (or any bright computer person out there),

I am still having the endless synchronization problems. I have tried numerous "fixes" suggested by non-Logos sites with no success.

Here is an outline of the problem ....

1. If I run L6 without internet connection everything seems OK.

2. If I run L6 with internet connection Synchronization runs endlessly, without achieving anything. The logs tell me that the sync manager cannot connect. This slows L6 down.

3. Using Firefox, I cannot connect to the logos.com site unless I delete cookies IMMEDIATELY prior to connecting.

4. Once I connect to the logos.com site I CANNOT log on, no matter what I do.

5. I never have trouble connecting and logging on to the FORUMS site.

6. https://shortcutsapi.logos.com/v1/ gives correct result (if browser cookies have been deleted) but https://shortcutsapi.logos.com/v1/shortcuts/sync never connects.

I have tried every conceivable configuration with Connections and Firefox (cookies, privacy, proxy etc) with NO CHANGE to the above.

Can anyone help?

• If you have not rebooted, I would reboot and give it a try.
  • Also, Do you have a virus checker as well as malware/spyware checker. If so, run them and see if they find anything. When I get strange results like you are seeing it often points to malware/spyware. I use a program called SPYHUNTER and find it quite effective, this one costs but there are several free ones as well. However keep in mind, some malware make it very difficult to download a malware/spyware program to fix.
  • Give I/E a try.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS