An Update is ready ... Oh No, Logos 4 is up to date

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 138
Deon Holtzhausen | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:29 AM

Hi there.

I have installed Logos 4 on my computer at my office (XP Prof) based on a backup from home (win 7). I used Method 3 for this.

When starting Logos 4 now, I get the above message telling me an update is ready and when I click OK to install it I immediately get a message telling my that Logos 4 is up to date. This happens every time I start Logos 4. The only way to successfully start Logos 4 now, is to say NO, I don't want the update to be installed.

I have read other posts but to download the installer and run again, did not do the trick.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Regards,
Deon

Johannesburg, South Africa

Posts 31
Beyers Herbst | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:58 AM

Hi Deon,

Are you also in South Africa?

Cape Town, South Africa

Intel Core i7 6700K CPU @ 4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home

Posts 138
Deon Holtzhausen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 2:24 AM

Jip, Kempton Park. Oplossing?

Regards,

Deon

Posts 27226
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 3:13 AM

Deon Holtzhausen:
When starting Logos 4 now, I get the above message telling me an update is ready and when I click OK to install it I immediately get a message telling my that Logos 4 is up to date. This happens every time I start Logos 4. The only way to successfully start Logos 4 now, is to say NO, I don't want the update to be installed.

Deon,

See http://community.logos.com/forums/t/9707.aspx

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 31
Beyers Herbst | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 3:45 AM

Still working on a solution! But it seems only South Africans are affected. Angry

Cape Town, South Africa

Intel Core i7 6700K CPU @ 4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home

Posts 48
Jan Kleinsmit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 5:49 AM

Hi Deon and Beyers,

Jan Kleinsmit here from Pretoria.

Logos 4 (with the latest update) is working fine for me so far. I am going to be loading it on my laptop using Method 3. So let's see what happens.

I am inclined to agree with Beyers in that the problem is possibly unique to SA (and other slow Internet countries). The major challenge for us 'Boere' with Logos4 are the download sizes and speed. There were times that I even picked up download problems in Logos 3. The download process would just stop. I often had to do the download at 5 AM when the lines were quiet.

With Logos4 I was fortunate in that I had access to a 3Mb pipeline at one of my client's offices and downloading (over the Chrismas holidays) was a breeze. But I think the downloads are a real problem for us in SA. Most folk in SA typically have a slow 3Gb cap and at a price too. Maybe in the near future the new fibre-optic cable might help somewhat.

Even buying the DVDs will still require a minimum of 2 Gb (depending on the number of books you have) - I needed an extra 3 Gb and only have approx 550 books.

Blessings

Posts 138
Deon Holtzhausen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 6:15 AM

Hallo Jan.

Ja, keep wondering what the problem is.

I have a 4 Meg connection at home & office. Only difference is OS: Home = Win 7 and Office = XP Prof. At home I installed from the DVD I bought from Logos-SA and at Office from the recommended installation file I have downloaded from Logos.com.

And then I have to do something about the PC at office. Only 1Gig RAM and onboard screen card which is so frustrating.
Jan, please give us some feedback on your effort.

Regards,
Deon

Posts 156
Jesús Polaino | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 10:08 AM

Beyers Herbst:

Still working on a solution! But it seems only South Africans are affected. Angry

Well, not exactly. I'm in the Czech Republic and I'm having the same problem...

Posts 138
Deon Holtzhausen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 15 2010 10:13 AM

JesusPolaino:

Well, not exactly. I'm in the Czech Republic and I'm having the same problem...

Thank goodness for that. I thought we South Africans are the black sheep of Logos. Confused

Deon

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS