Select Your Own Base Bundles

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 591
Rayner | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 3 2014 8:28 AM

I'm wondering whether Logos has ever considered allowing a "select your own bundle" (rather like Choose Your Own Adventure) to buy products and avoid the "free" resources that are sometimes undesired.

I've been looking at my wish list and have gone through every item to see whether there's any base package I could get that would include multiple resources that I want.  Unfortunately, I'd need to buy Anglican Diamond, Reformed Gold and Platinum (standard) to make any kind of reasonable headway, and even those would only mean I'd obtain two of the commentary sets I want in each (more than the costs of the commentaries themselves).  Quite a number of my desired resources aren't in any bundle at all.

Hence my question concerns whether it's possible to suggest packages to Logos and then ask them to provide prices for bulk buying multiple sets at the same time?

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 8:35 AM

Rayner

Rayner:

I'm wondering whether Logos has ever considered allowing a "select your own bundle". … Hence my question concerns whether it's possible to suggest packages to Logos and then ask them to provide prices for bulk buying multiple sets at the same time?

In the past I have sometimes wondered the same. In that connection it might be worthwhile to contact a sales rep and list a collection of resources you would like to purchase at the same time and ask for a price. You might just be pleasantly surprised.

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 3 2014 9:15 AM

Sometimes it helps upgrading at the same time, sometimes it doesn't. The best discount I got this way was 79% off (LSJ Spring 2014, but I checked in October and no discounts were available), the second best was 40% off (Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library).
And the third best was 30% off which I got twice not needing to upgrade.
EDIT: other than those occasions I've only got 15-25% off which is barely a reason to buy. Hint: ask for discount upon monthly sale or three-day sale discounted prices! The time when I got 15% off (which was on October 25.) I returned all the items. To get better percentages off than 15% You need to have a regular sales rep (and reach him/her):

Alan Macgregor:
In that connection it might be worthwhile to contact a sales rep and list a collection of resources you would like to purchase at the same time and ask for a price. You might just be pleasantly surprised.

The most simple solution for Faithlife to implement would be to remove all the Logos Starter and  Bronze (denominational as well), Verbum Basic and Foundation resources from higher base-packages, as an option. That wouldn't bring the price down a lot but would be very attractive for those who don't want beginner-level and other "free" books. I will not be upgrading to L7. And if this option would be implemented in L8 I should upgrade Verbum.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 11

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS