What to do with Logos 5 data folder?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 113
Bokman Han | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 4 2014 7:39 AM

Recently I have upgraded to Logos 6. Today I have found the Logos 5 folder existing with 19 gig of data folder in addition to Logos folder which seems to be the Logos 6 folder. The problem is that my hard drive, which is SSD 124 gig, is out of space less than 1 gig and Logos stops indexing as a result. 

Is it ok to delete the data folder in Logos 5 folder?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 7:57 AM

Bokman Han:

Recently I have upgraded to Logos 6. Today I have found the Logos 5 folder existing with 19 gig of data folder in addition to Logos folder which seems to be the Logos 6 folder. The problem is that my hard drive, which is SSD 124 gig, is out of space less than 1 gig and Logos stops indexing as a result. 

Is it ok to delete the data folder in Logos 5 folder?

No! Do not delete the Logos5 folder! That's you'r program folder!

The Logos folder is the Logos installation folder. Mine has 117MB of data (not nearly enough for the Logos program and resources!). Look in that folder and report back, if you're seeing something different.  

EDIT: Logos6 installs over your previous installation, maintaining the same directory names. That's why it says Logos5, even though it's really Logos6 (BTW, do not rename it, as that will mess with the registry entries and make Logos unusable!). In my system Logos6 is found in the Logos4 directory.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 113
Bokman Han | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 8:28 AM

Thanks for your response.

Data folder in Logos folder (newly created when I installed Logos 6) has 22 gigs of data more than the data folder in Logos 5. I think my resources are duplicated in those folders.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 8:35 AM

Bokman Han:

Thanks for your response.

Data folder in Logos folder (newly created when I installed Logos 6) has 22 gigs of data more than the data folder in Logos 5. I think my resources are duplicated in those folders.

It's more likely that the installation failed, leaving the installation data in the install folder. You said, that Logos couldn't finish indexing. This may be a symptom of that.

I am not sure what to suggest at this point (besides a larger SSD). Maybe you should try to contact technical support (tech@logos.com), or if a phone call is an option (direct, or through skype or some other internet service) call 800-875-6467 or +1 360-527-1700 and ask for tech support.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 113
Bokman Han | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 8:37 AM

Thanks again, brother Rich!

Logos works fine. It just asks for more space for further indexing. 

I will call the tech in Logos.

Posts 113
Bokman Han | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 4 2014 10:41 AM

Solved the problem.

I called the Logos for help and the technician deleted the Logos5 folder. 

That's it!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS