Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 5 2014 9:57 PM

I right clicked on John 3:4 in the NA27. I selected the Even option from the pop-up menu: "Jesus talks with Nicodemus". Then I selected "search this resource". The search produced no hits, even though there is obviously at least one verse tagged this way. Here is the search that is produced by the pop-up menu:

I am using Logos 6.0B beta 1.

Posts 24537
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 5 2014 11:14 PM

Harry Hahne:
Then I selected "search this resource". The search produced no hits, even though there is obviously at least one verse tagged this way. Here is the search that is produced by the pop-up menu:

As per Bradley's post at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/96358/664305.aspx#664305 this is working as designed.

Posts 26530
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 7 2014 4:15 PM

Harry Hahne:
Here is the search that is produced by the pop-up menu:

The inconsistency is that a Cultural Concept will get a hit because the <datatype expression> is enclosed by {Section } i.e.

{Section <Event The disciples pick wheat on the Sabbath>}

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 8 2014 10:50 PM

I do not understand why a search option would be provided in a pop-up context menu that does not create a valid search syntax. If there is a tag in the text and the tag is offered as a search option in the context menu, then it should create a search that at the least returns the verse that had the tag in the first place. If this is as designed, then it is very confusing to the user.

If there is no way to search on the Event tag, then the Search This Resource option should not be made available when this tag is selected.

Posts 11643
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 12:32 AM

Harry Hahne:

I do not understand why a search option would be provided in a pop-up context menu that does not create a valid search syntax. If there is a tag in the text and the tag is offered as a search option in the context menu, then it should create a search that at the least returns the verse that had the tag in the first place. If this is as designed, then it is very confusing to the user.

If there is no way to search on the Event tag, then the Search This Resource option should not be made available when this tag is selected.

Yes this sounds very reasonable.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 24537
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 12:36 AM

Harry Hahne:

This is discussed further at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/96358/664322.aspx#664322 

Posts 9063
LogosEmployee

Harry Hahne:
If this is as designed, then it is very confusing to the user.

It is currently by design, but we'll take this feedback under consideration.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS