Pentecostal and Charismatic theology

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2763
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 15 2010 9:08 AM
Charismatic works i would love in Logos. Thanks.

Ted 

1) New International Dictionary of Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements, The by Stanley M. Burgess, Eduard M. van der Maas, and Ed van der Maas

2) Dictionary of Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements by Stanley M. Burgess, Gary B. McGee, and Patrick H. Alexander ( Many good articles within this work dealing with Pentecostal Theology.  Though there is a newer edition above, however the older one is better because it goes more into theology )

3) Encyclopedia of Pentecostal and Charismatic Christianity (Religion and Society) by Stanley M. Burgess

4) The Kingdom and the Power: Are Healing and the Spiritual Gifts Used by Jesus and the Early Church Meant for the Church Today? by Gary S. Greig, Kevin N. Springer, and C. Peter Wagner

5) Spirit and Power: Foundations of Pentecostal Experience by William W. Menzies

6) Life in the Spirit New Testament Commentary by French L. Arrington, Roger Stronstad, and Timothy Jenney Renamed Full Life Bible Commentary to the New Testament by French L. Arrington and Roger Stronstad

7) Renewal Theology: Systematic Theology from a Charismatic Perspective (Three Volumes in One) by J. Rodman Williams

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2964
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 12:13 PM

It would be very good,

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 2:31 PM

Yes Ted, that would be great. I would add a few titles Like Systematic Theology, Revised Edition, Stanley M. Horton, Gospel Publishing House,

What the Bible Says About the Holy Spirit of the same author, Full Life Study Bible NIV, Life Publishers Int. etc.

Bohuslav

Posts 1477
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 4:13 PM

Ted Hans:

Ted 

1) New International Dictionary of Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements, The by Stanley M. Burgess, Eduard M. van der Maas, and Ed van der Maas

2) Dictionary of Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements by Stanley M. Burgess, Gary B. McGee, and Patrick H. Alexander ( Many good articles within this work dealing with Pentecostal Theology.  Though there is a newer edition above, however the older one is better because it goes more into theology )

3) Encyclopedia of Pentecostal and Charismatic Christianity (Religion and Society) by Stanley M. Burgess

4) The Kingdom and the Power: Are Healing and the Spiritual Gifts Used by Jesus and the Early Church Meant for the Church Today? by Gary S. Greig, Kevin N. Springer, and C. Peter Wagner

5) Spirit and Power: Foundations of Pentecostal Experience by William W. Menzies

6) Life in the Spirit New Testament Commentary by French L. Arrington, Roger Stronstad, and Timothy Jenney Renamed Full Life Bible Commentary to the New Testament by French L. Arrington and Roger Stronstad

7) Renewal Theology: Systematic Theology from a Charismatic Perspective (Three Volumes in One) by J. Rodman Williams

Check out Foundations of Pentecostal Theology it is already available in logos format

Posts 2763
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 9:07 AM

Blair Laird:
Check out Foundations of Pentecostal Theology it is already available in logos format

"Spirit and Power: Foundations of Pentecostal Experience" by William W. Menzies is a different work from the above. That said those interested in Pentecostal Theology should check out Foundations of Pentecostal Theology here http://www.logos.com/products/details/2473 

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 9:34 AM

Ted Hans:

Ted 

Yes

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 87
Ray D | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2010 7:32 PM

Ted Hans:
Renewal Theology: Systematic Theology from a Charismatic Perspective (Three Volumes in One) by J. Rodman Williams

Yes +1

Posts 1141
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 12:04 PM

Ted Hans:

Ted 

Here are several related to the narrower topic of Pentecostal/Charismatic hermeneutics that are great resources.  Roger Stronstad's "The Charismatic Theology of St. Luke", Kenneth Archer's "A Pentecostal Hermeneutic:  Spirit, Scripture, Community", Clark Pinnock's "The Scripture Principle" has some discussion on the Holy Spirit's role in interpretation and also Raymond Brown's study on "The Sensus Plenior of Sacred Scripture".  I have benefitted from these few works immensely.

Posts 2964
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 3:06 PM

I would love to see more pentecostal books in logos 4 available.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 216
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 8:57 PM

I also hope to see more books from a Charismatic perspective. There seem to be very few. I would add John Wimber, Jack Deere and more!

Posts 3863
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 10:00 PM

DanGiese:
Jack Deere

yes.  And put the heat on all those Fee books suggested months ago!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 2:53 AM

Dan DeVilder:

DanGiese:
Jack Deere

yes.  And put the heat on all those Fee books suggested months ago!

yes, yes, word of wisdom, Dan Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 2:55 AM

What about Derek Prince?

Bohuslav

Posts 2964
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:35 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

What about Derek Prince?

Why not.Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 17
Michael J Klassen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 4:09 AM

I hope Logos realizes that the Pentecostal/Charismatic is huge, both in America and around the world. Books I'd purchase include: Power Healing by John Wimber,  Power Evangelism by John Wimber, and Healing by Francis MacNutt. Not to blow my own horn, but I also recently wrote a book about the charismatic movement for Bethany House entitled Strange Fire, Holy Fire: Exploring The Highs And Lows Of Your Charismatic Experience.

Posts 2763
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 4:42 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Yes Ted, that would be great. I would add a few titles Like Systematic Theology, Revised Edition, Stanley M. Horton, Gospel Publishing House,

What the Bible Says About the Holy Spirit of the same author, Full Life Study Bible NIV, Life Publishers Int. etc.

Yes. Good suggestion, I will fill out the rest for youWink.

1. Horton's Systematic Theology
  2. Horton, Stanley M. Acts: A Logion Press Commentary. Revised ed. Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 2007.Originally published as The Book of Acts.
  3. Horton, Stanley M. I & II Corinthians: A Logion Press Commentary. 2nd ed. Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 2007.
  4. Horton, Stanley M. What the Bible Says about the Holy Spirit. Revised ed. Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 2005. 
  5. Menzies, William W. and Stanley M. Horton. Bible Doctrines: A Pentecostal Perspective. Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 2004. Originally published as Understanding Our Doctrine by William W. Menzies.

Posts 2964
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 4:58 AM

Ted Hans:

Bohuslav Wojnar:

2. Horton, Stanley M. Acts: A Logion Press Commentary. Revised ed. Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 2007.Originally published as The Book of Acts.
  3. Horton, Stanley M. I & II Corinthians: A Logion Press Commentary. 2nd ed. Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 2007.
  4. Horton, Stanley M. What the Bible Says about the Holy Spirit. Revised ed. Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 2005. 
  5. Menzies, William W. and Stanley M. Horton. Bible Doctrines: A Pentecostal Perspective. Springfield, MO: Gospel Publishing House, 2004. Originally published as Understanding Our Doctrine by William W. Menzies.

I hope Logos will put to account these suggetions.We need more Penticostal books,

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3863
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 10:52 AM

Three entry-level books that may be helpful to people not in the charismatic camp to appreciate it more:

1. Christianity with Power--Charles H. Kraft (Vine Books)  He was the faculty advisor for the "Signs and Wonders" class at Fuller and gradually went from "observer" to "believer" in "those" gifts.

2. Straight Talk on Spiritual Power--Bill Hull (Baker)  Raised Pentecostal, converted to anti-Pentecostalism, and then eventually finding middle ground, his ministry emphasis is on discipleship.  This book looks into his efforts to open himself and his non-charismatic church to actually step out in faith and minister with these gifts (prophecy, etc).

3. The Word and Power Church--Doug Bannister (Zondervan)  Tries to help both sides (Evangelical "Word" churches and charismatic "Power" churches) flow together, avoiding the extremes but experiencing the blessings each has to offer.

I don't find any of these books heavy duty.  Some of their support or analysis seems a bit weak at times.  I have many questions unanswered.  AND YET, besides appreciating the irenic tone they take, I like reading about their personal journeys and trials, and what things helped them transition from a theological and ministerial standpoint.  Worthwhile reads.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 3:02 PM

Ted Hans:

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Good job Ted. Thank you. If I recall correctly I have suggested most of the titles you list here in some older thread. But it is good to remind them to Logos Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 2964
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 4:39 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Ted Hans:

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Good job Ted. Thank you. If I recall correctly I have suggested most of the titles you list here in some older thread. But it is good to remind them to Logos Smile

Do we need to send the books listed to send them to:

suggest@logos.com

Blessings in Christ.

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS