Computer Ideas

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 151
Dave L | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 8 2014 7:18 AM

I am interested in trying Logos 6 on another computer. My current setup works great except in Personal Books, it crashes every time I try to “Add File” or “Change” the icon. It freezes and requires a restart. (I uploaded a log file and am waiting for a reply.)

But I am also thinking about giving this computer to my wife and picking up a different computer.

If you are successfully running “Personal Books” in Logos 6, what are you using? I presently have a new Dell, Win 7 64 Bit, 8 gig of Ram, plenty of hard drive space and no issues with other programs.

Any pointers are appreciated. 

Posts 2589
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 8 2014 7:33 AM

Dave Langstaff:

A new Dell, Win 7 64 Bit, 8 gig of Ram, plenty of hard drive space and no issues with other programs.

Welcome to the forums.

Although your hardware is not the fastest, it should handle Logos 6 without any of the the problems you're seeing. I suggest you turn on Logging and post some logs (see here for how to do that). Or else, just pick up the phone and call Technical Support.

Posts 5232
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 1:39 AM

Dave Langstaff:
But I am also thinking about giving this computer to my wife and picking up a different computer.

Welcome Dave

Very cleaver wife you have there.

However changing computers will not necessarily fix your problem.

Logs posted here or a call to Tech Support are likely to be a far less expensive option.

However in my quest to bring 'peace on earth' I do recommend giving your wife the computer now expectations have been raised.

Of course a change of operating system would bring you one step closer to heaven.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 151
Dave L | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 11:23 AM

Thanks for the replies so far. I just finished talking to tech service and they're looking into it. I am surprised with the quality of customer service and believe the problem has a solution. I'm curious though, what you and others are using as far as operating systems and hardware. I started with a Commodore C-64 back in the day and have been Dos and Windows ever since.

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 9 2014 11:26 AM

Based simply upon the opperating system its hard to judge precisely what you have - we can however guess that its probably about a year or two old; or was at least produced in that time frame unless you downgraded (or perhaps upgraded depending on your perspective :):):) )your os to 7. 

Any how, I'm running an AMD 9350 cpu, ssd, 32gb of ddr, and a pair of radeon hd 7770 video cards to support my four displays. 

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 5232
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 1:06 AM

Dave Langstaff:
I'm curious though, what you and others are using as far as operating systems and hardware. I started with a Commodore C-64 back in the day and have been Dos and Windows ever since.

I started off with the Sinclair computers and quickly moved on to what became RISC OS. When the company that made the computers became ARM and stopped manufacturing I briefly had a go with Windows.

Once I got fed up with Virus Software, Video Drivers, Registry Settings taking up a fair proportion of the working day I moved to a Mac and started doing some real work.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 737
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 1:25 AM

Dave Langstaff:

I'm curious though, what you and others are using as far as operating systems and hardware.

Absolutely no problems with Logos, and it looks great, on an Acer Predator – 4th generation Intel Core I7-4770 3.4GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2TB HDD, 120GB SSD, Windows 8.1 and a 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 supporting 2 ASUS PA248Q 24 inch LED-Lit IPS Professional Graphics Monitors and 1 ASUS PB278Q 27 inch WQHD LED-Lit PLS Professional Graphics Monitor.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 151
Dave L | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 11:19 AM

Thanks again to all for the replies. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 10 2014 2:56 PM

Dave Langstaff:
If you are successfully running “Personal Books” in Logos 6, what are you using? I presently have a new Dell, Win 7 64 Bit, 8 gig of Ram, plenty of hard drive space and no issues with other programs.

Logos 6 is a resource intensive program.  Upgrading hard drive to SATA III Solid State Disk (SSD) with over 500 MB/sec write speed should noticeably improve Logos responsiveness for many actions.

Dave Langstaff:
I'm curious though, what you and others are using as far as operating systems and hardware.

Personally have i7-4790 4.0GHz in 27" iMac 5K and i7-3610QM in Dell laptop with 16 GB RAM and SSD that are primarily used for Logos, Verbum, and forum discussions.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS