Any way to know when you added a particular resource to your library?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 11 2014 9:57 AM

On todays Twitter Daily deal is Basic Questions to End of Life.  I thought that would be a good addition to my library, but it turns out I already have it. It made me wonder, when did I buy it and why do I not know I have it.  With over 6K+ resources, I'm sure some get lost in the shuffle.  But is there a way to know when I added it to my library?  It doesn't show up in any orders, so I'm thinking package.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 10:07 AM

if it did not show up in your orders, then you probably purchased it as a bundle/package. I don't know a reliable way of showing when a resource was acquired. If you go to Library and find this resource - it will just show a Last Updated date (it could be last downloaded or last corrected - no relation to when acquired).

the only reliable way of knowing is to email your salesperson.

Posts 18757
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 10:45 AM

toughski:
I don't know a reliable way of showing when a resource was acquired.

It's quite tedious, but the only reliable way I know of to show when a resource was acquired is to tag them all at the time of acquisition. I started doing that a few years ago when I already had a pretty substantial library, so some of the acquisition dates of earlier resources I already had at the time, which I wasn't able to determine what bundle or base package they came with, are not thus tagged. But basically, when I receive a new resource or bundle, I tag it with "Bought: YYYYMMDD" and if it came as part of a bundle or base package, I also put, e.g., "Bundle: Luther" or or "Base: L6 Reformed Portfolio" or whatever. Finally, if I got it free or as part of a sale, I also tag it with "Free" or "Sale: Xmas 2014" or whatever.

Posts 1660
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 11:01 AM

toughski:
if it did not show up in your orders, then you probably purchased it as a bundle/package.

I'm 90% certain that it was a part of a base package. I remember reading part of it when I owned the "Leader's Library (OC)" or "Leader's Library (LE)". 

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 18757
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 11:05 AM

Rick:

toughski:
if it did not show up in your orders, then you probably purchased it as a bundle/package.

I'm 90% certain that it was a part of a base package. I remember reading part of it when I owned the "Leader's Library (OC)" or "Leader's Library (LE)". 

BTW, you can find out what resources were included in old base packages by looking it up on the Logos Base Packages spreadsheet that a group of volunteer users have been maintaining on Google Docs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ByXIGWq4UmnLeiGsoq3PeCJKanlJBYAVQWdeoqD9SOc/edit#gid=1438804941

This is very useful and represents a phenomenal amount of work. Thanks to Randy Sims and the team who have done this!

It looks like Basic Questions on End of Life Decisions was part of several base packages on Logos 3 and all of L4 base packages. Only Portfolio for L5, and the spreadsheet hasn't been updated for L6 yet.

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 11:46 AM

wow, if I had it since L3 and haven't read it by now...

Posts 1660
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 11 2014 1:08 PM

Rosie Perera:
BTW, you can find out what resources were included in old base packages by looking it up on the Logos Base Packages spreadsheet that a group of volunteer users have been maintaining on Google Docs:

That is an amazing document, Rosie. You are right, I can see how many hours have had to go into it. Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS