Bug: Indexing Crash

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3002
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 13 2014 8:17 PM

Indexing constantly crashes.  I have deleted the supplemental builds, I have deleted the indexing folder and completely rebuilt the index, but the indexer still crashes.  I have noticed several other users have reported the same issue.  I have attached my log files.

4431.Logos Log Files (2).zip

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 24847
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 13 2014 8:28 PM

There is a permissions problem with supplemental-build.lxn which has just been created. It is time Faithlife stepped in as this is happened to other users.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3002
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 14 2014 6:27 AM

Dave Hooton:

There is a permissions problem with supplemental-build.lxn which has just been created. It is time Faithlife stepped in as this is happened to other users.

Yeah it seems to be a widespread problem as I have mentioned in other threads.

How to upload logs

Posts 33
Jimmy Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 15 2014 4:51 AM

I am having the same problem.  Have you gotten a satisfactory answer from them?  A solution?

Posts 3002
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 16 2014 7:55 AM

I have not heard anything from Logos.  I'm probably going to call tech support direct whenever I get a free hour.

How to upload logs

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee

We have a developer looking into this issue; I'll ask him to get in touch with you.

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 9:16 AM

David,

We've looked at this issue a bit and it looks like the app doesn't have access to write a file to that folder. Typically this is because the folder you're trying to write to is read only. 

Can you please check the status of the folder: C:\Users\David Taylor Jr\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\qo2cdzta.l3y\LibraryIndex

Right click on the folder choose properties. I'd love to see a picture of the resulting properties screen.

I would also love to see what's in your security tab for that folder (Mine has everything set to Allow but "Full Control" and "Special Permissions")

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 9:19 AM

On the assumption that more than one user has reported the problem, why on earth would permissions be hosed? Installer?

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 9:21 AM

Lee:
On the assumption that more than one user has reported the problem, why on earth would permissions be hosed?

We are trying to figure that out. The only explanation we've found that this point for the crash is that there are insufficient permissions to create the file.

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 17 2014 10:26 AM

Ryan Gano:
point for the crash is that there are insufficient permissions to create the file

I seem to remember back in the days when I still read magazines with code snippets in them (oh, they eventually would add 5.25'' floppy disks to save typing work) there was the good practice assumption that you just don't trust disk IO processes but always allow for read or write errors. Just thinking (too) loud...

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS