Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 15 2010 9:25 PM | Locked

In 4.0b beta 3, I have seen several problems with the Cited By tool:

• I deselected all of the collections, then selected just the one I want. Now the tool no longer functions properly. At first section headings were displayed. Then I chose the All Open Resources and when I change passages, nothing comes up.
  • So I closed the tool and reopened it. Now if I select another collection, it does not add it to the list  of collections to search. I cannot get any collections to work with this tool now. The only solution was to exit the program and restart it.
  • I miss the check box that allowed me to select or clear all of the the collections. I have a lot of collections and it is time consuming to deselect all of the ones I don't want.
  • the tools does not remember if I turn off the Follow option. I really would like it to remember this, just like it remembers the collections.
  • Several times the window has closed when I click in the area of the window without any thing in it.
  • I think All Open Resources should be moved up to the same level of the Resource Menu as Collections. It is not really a collection. Then you could bring back the check box for collections. Another idea would be a right click menu to Select/Clear all selections for Collections.
  • I would like the More button to display the results in the same window. The point of this tool is to display everything in the one place. If I wanted a search, I could have done this in the first place. If this cannot be changed, change the name of the button to Search.
Posts 1621
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 10:35 AM | Locked

Thanks Harry for some great suggestions.

I would agree with them all, but especially this one:

Harry Hahne:
the tools does not remember if I turn off the Follow option. I really would like it to remember this, just like it remembers the collections.

Thanks again for listing these so clearly.

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 7909
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 2:52 PM | Locked

SteveF:

I would agree with them all, but especially this one:

Harry Hahne:
the tools does not remember if I turn off the Follow option. I really would like it to remember this, just like it remembers the collections.

I haven't looked into the other issues yet, but I know that this will be fixed in the next beta.

Posts 1621
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 4:15 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
I haven't looked into the other issues yet, but I know that this will be fixed in the next beta.

Thanks Bradley!

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 16 2010 9:19 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Glad to hear this. Please also make Explorer, Text Comparison, Copy Bible Verses also remember the previous setting for that particular type of tool. Thanks!

Posts 7909
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 9:31 AM | Locked

Harry Hahne:

Bradley Grainger:

Glad to hear this. Please also make Explorer, Text Comparison, Copy Bible Verses also remember the previous setting for that particular type of tool. Thanks!

They will also be fixed.

Posts 7909
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2010 10:43 AM | Locked

Harry Hahne:

• I deselected all of the collections, then selected just the one I want. Now the tool no longer functions properly. At first section headings were displayed. Then I chose the All Open Resources and when I change passages, nothing comes up.
  • So I closed the tool and reopened it. Now if I select another collection, it does not add it to the list  of collections to search. I cannot get any collections to work with this tool now. The only solution was to exit the program and restart it.

I wasn't able to reproduce this problem; is it possible that the All Open Resources section was collapsed, and that expanding it would have shown the results?

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2010 11:00 AM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:

Harry Hahne:

I wasn't able to reproduce this problem; is it possible that the All Open Resources section was collapsed, and that expanding it would have shown the results?

I just tried it in 4.0b beta 4 and Logos crashed. I deselected all of the collections. Then I closed the panel menu. I reopened the panel menu and tried to select a collection and Logos died. It may be because it was indexing at the time.

I restarted and could not make it crash or show this other problem that I described. I will keep my eyes open for it.

Another suggestion on this. I think All open Resources and Entire Library should be separate check boxes outside the Collections area (it muddies the waters of what a collection is). Nevertheless, even if you are not going to take this suggestion, I think  All open Resources and Entire Library should be at the top of the list. I did not even see entire library, because it was buried under my collections.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS