Logos Giveaway - sorry CA, NY, FL and RI - you are not eligible

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 227
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 18 2014 1:58 AM

Taken from the terms of the current Christmas giveaway: (emphasis is mine)

Logos Christmas Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the contiguous United States, Alaska, Hawaii and the District of Columbia, over the age of 18, excluding residents from New York, Florida, California, and Rhode Island,

Am I reading this right?

Scripture set to music for worship and aid memorization. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-DojPa0TlpCGhtUJq1e3Pw

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 2:04 AM

Make that excluding residents from New York, Florida, California, and Rhode Island... and the rest of the world! 

Paul-C (UK) Smile

Posts 995
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 2:08 AM

Paul-C:

Make that excluding residents from New York, Florida, California, and Rhode Island... and the rest of the world! 

Paul-C (UK) Smile

Yes

Posts 156
Jesús Polaino | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 3:37 AM

Yes

Posts 9278
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 4:22 AM

Paul-C:

Paul-C (UK) Smile

But do you need to say this if is says that it is open to "legal residents of the contiguous United States"? Since I live in Canada I think that excludes me. Sad

Actual the word "contiguous" is an interesting adjective. Here is one set of definitions:

1. touching; in contact. 2. in close proximity without actually touching; near. 3. adjacent in time: contiguous events.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 4:33 AM

Bruce Dunning:
"legal residents of the contiguous United States"

I think this is lawyer-speak!

Every blessing

Alan

PS See what happens when you encourage chance!? Wink

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 6:56 AM

Bruce Dunning:

But do you need to say this if is says that it is open to "legal residents of the contiguous United States"? Since I live in Canada I think that excludes me. Sad

Actual the word "contiguous" is an interesting adjective. Here is one set of definitions:

1. touching; in contact. 2. in close proximity without actually touching; near. 3. adjacent in time: contiguous events.

Bruce, I'm only teasing!

Posts 128
Russel Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:02 AM

Bruce, it would be the first definition.  We use it to refer to the 48 states (and DC), excluding Alaska and Hawaii - and I suppose Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, etc.

Posts 717
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:12 AM

As a nation who used to own the "contiguous United States" and had "contiguous" tea merchants berthed in a New England harbour of renown - do we still qualify?

Proprietorially - Kevin

Posts 128
Russel Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 7:25 AM

Kevin A Lewis:

As a nation who used to own the "contiguous United States" and had "contiguous" tea merchants berthed in a New England harbour of renown - do we still qualify?

Proprietorially - Kevin

Alas, your nation does not meet the third definition of contiguous, as it has not held our United States as property contiguously to the present time.  So no, you no longer qualify! So sorry... Stick out tongue

Posts 897
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 8:54 AM

Living here under my rock, I hadn't heard of the sweepstakes.  My gratitude to you for bringing it to my rather short span of attention.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 61
Leigh Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 8:57 AM

As a resident of RI I would really like to know why we are excluded?

Posts 2046
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 9:01 AM

I see where it says "enter to win" but I dont see a link to do so

Posts 2046
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 9:13 AM

Mark:

I see where it says "enter to win" but I dont see a link to do so

For those interested, I found the link:

https://www.logos.com/christmas-sweepstakes-rules

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 9:16 AM

Leigh Johnson:
As a resident of RI I would really like to know why we are excluded?

I am sure it has something to do with RI's laws governing contests/games of chance. Logos would gladly include everyone if they could.  (IMHO)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 227
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 4:28 PM

I have no doubt that would include more people.

As a resident of CA I'm sad I don't even get to play. I do think it is a little odd considering the service they use (PunchTab) is based in Palo Alto, CA.

Scripture set to music for worship and aid memorization. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-DojPa0TlpCGhtUJq1e3Pw

Posts 2476
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 6:31 PM

I suspect that the terms of the giveaway violate some contract obligations with some publishers or that the states themselves won't allow such a giveaway. Not surprised that California and New York are excluded. I also wouldn't be surprised that the number of states excluded will grow in the future.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 8:17 PM

Sorry for those who can't enter the sweepstakes.

*cough more chances for us cough"

Just kidding Wink seriously it sucks that not everyone can enter!

Posts 163
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 8:30 PM

The restrictions of California, New York, and Rhode Island are due to state laws regarding contests and giveaways.

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS