help which way to upgrade?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 282
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 18 2014 10:20 AM

Hi I up graded to the Logos 6 Extended Cross grade Package When I run the software I went to the Info where you see how many books are in my library and the top Package I have about 5000 Scholar is the top package I am thinking about getting Products Orthodox Library Builder (257 vols.) Logos 6 Bible Backgrounds Bundle, XL Do you think they are a good price or should I upgrade to gold in stead of Orthodox Library Builder (257 vols

I Need to get a better laptop What would be the best one to go for Budget about £1000 I don't like windows 8 Should I wait until windows 10

should I go for a gaming laptop as they seem to have higher specifications

Thank you

Mick
Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 11:11 AM

You may want to stick with the identical post you have in the General forum.  It is an important question, no doubt, but many have pointed out in the past that it gets confusing for people to assist you and keep track of the responses when there are multiple posts in different places.

Smile

Posts 3645
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 18 2014 11:18 AM

Hello Michael,

I think it will be difficult for anyone but you to answer these questions.

1. Concerning the packages you are looking at, that all depends on what resources you would be most interested in. As you look at the most promising resources in each option, you can compare their value in relation to the overall price. Sometimes, if there are more resources you want in one package and fewer in another, it can be best (if you must choose) to get the one with the most and buy the others individually when they are on sale (put them in your wishlist). Alternatively, you can ask yourself which of the packages saves you the most. There may be fewer resources you are interested in with one package but they may cost you more overall to buy separately than the reverse scenario.

2. For the better laptop, I would suggest you head to cnet reviews and check their budget laptop section. They have rankings, pros and cons, pricing etc. Also toptenreviews: just google top ten budget laptops 2014.

3. For Windows 8 vs. 10, I am not entirely sure when the latter is to be released. Typically when the dates are really close, the update is offered for free. On the other hand, a free update solution has limitations. If you ever need to reinstall Windows, you would have to reinstall your first version and then reapply the update (you cannot do a clean update). Part of this decision is also determining for yourself whether you really need that new laptop now or can wait. Finally, keep in mind boxing day sales for computers.

4. With regard to gaming laptops, my understanding is that a lot of its distinctive features cater to graphic acceleration and memory (sometimes with chips designed to process these faster and better). Since Logos 6 is not into that kind of thing, you may not see any positive difference from buying a gaming box. What may be worth considering however is getting a laptop with a SSD hard drive. I don't have one but have read repeatedly that it makes for an improved performance in relation to Logos.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS