Best way to spend $50 credit

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 273
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 20 2014 4:31 PM

Just after Logos 6 debuted, I upgraded to Logos 6 Gold and I am pretty much tapped out for a while - although I love the product and feel that the upgrade to Gold was a good value.  As a reward for my upgrade I have a $50 credit for a Logos purchase. I waited to see all of the "12 Days of Logos Deals" and nothing there worked.  My credit expires March 2, 2015 so I have to use it within the next two months.

What are your recommendations for the best resources I can get for $50 - even if its just one book? 

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 20 2014 4:39 PM

Greg, my situation is similar to you. I'm also in the middle of considering how to use $50. Have you taken time to look at these bundles? - https://www.logos.com/bundles I'm seriously considering a topical bundle. They are a great deal considering that you get 15% discount in addition to the $50.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 273
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 20 2014 4:47 PM

Bruce, thank you! I had not looked at any of these. I will certainly consider these bundles in addition to an individual volume that might be recommended.

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 20 2014 5:08 PM

The Bundles are a great option, but for me I got the bundle I wanted when I upgraded to Logos 6 so I'm considering upgrading one of the denominational libraries I have to a higher level, there are some resources of interest for me there, but will wait a bit longer to see if they come out with another end of year mega bundle and see what it offers before making a final decisions.

Bruce Dunning:

Greg, my situation is similar to you. I'm also in the middle of considering how to use $50. Have you taken time to look at these bundles? - https://www.logos.com/bundles I'm seriously considering a topical bundle. They are a great deal considering that you get 15% discount in addition to the $50.

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 20 2014 6:50 PM

Greg Corbin:

Bruce, thank you! I had not looked at any of these. I will certainly consider these bundles in addition to an individual volume that might be recommended.

Greg, after all my research the best deal for me was the Bible Background Large - https://www.logos.com/product/46196/logos-6-bible-backgrounds-bundle-l

I measured "best" for me using a combination of price and quality. My dynamic price for this was $60.91. Once the 15% discount was applied it lowered the price to $51.71. This means it only cost me $1.71 for $337 worth of quality resources which includes The Eerdmans' Dictionary of Early Judaism which is valued at $80 on its own - https://www.logos.com/product/9934/the-eerdmans-dictionary-of-early-judaism.

Not bad in my opinion! Big Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1205
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 20 2014 7:56 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
The Bundles are a great option, but for me I got the bundle I wanted when I upgraded to Logos 6 so I'm considering upgrading one of the denominational libraries I have to a higher level, there are some resources of interest for me there, but will wait a bit longer to see if they come out with another end of year mega bundle and see what it offers before making a final decisions.

This is good advice.

I'd say the L6 denominational base packages are some of the best deals around--look at all of them to see if there's something that catches your eye. I'm not Reformed but went with Reformed Gold initially because it had a resource I really wanted that seldom goes on sale, and the price of the package worked out to nearly exactly the normal price of that resource plus the Crossgrade price. All the other excellent resources that came in the package (like unabridged Kittel's!) were, in a way, basically thrown in for free. Similarly, though I'm not Catholic, I used my $50 credit to buy Verbum basic because it was the same price for me as Thomas's Summa alone, but again coming with a bunch of other good and useful books.

In my time with Logos I've never seen deals as good as these, and they've definitely changed my overall purchasing strategy.

Posts 3110
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 20 2014 8:14 PM

I have "Logos 6 New Testament Studies Bundle, XL" I am very satisfied with these resources.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 7629
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 20 2014 8:48 PM

Since 12 days of logos seemed to be for the rich only I went ahead and use my 50 credit to upgrade from Lutheran starter to Lutheran bronze and I'm happy with the extra commentaries and the extra resources I got. Only $60 bucks came out of my pocket! Augsburg NT commentaries alone are more expensive and worth upgrading-- and let's not even mention Leupold 😃 2014 has been a great year!

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS