My copy of Logos has a bad rash!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 21
Larry Quinlan | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 22 2014 6:55 AM

Note: I’m posting this on both Logos 5 and Logos 6 forums since it happens with both versions. (Had Logos 5...downloaded the free Logos 6 engine right after it came out...it got to running slower and slower with each update...went back to Logos 5.)

My copy of Logos has a bad rash. For some reason it arbitrarily (AFAICT) highlights numbers in red. Not ALL number, just some! (See the window capture below.) It’s been doing this for a while now, and it’s getting quite annoying.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is it a bug? ...a feature? ...or what?

Most importantly, does anyone know how to make the red go away?

Appreciate any relevant input.

Posts 21878
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 22 2014 7:06 AM

Larry Quinlan:
downloaded the free Logos 6 engine right after it came out...it got to running slower and slower with each update...went back to Logos 5.)

Don't quite understand this as the free L6 engine isn't being made available until Feb 2015.

Larry Quinlan:
My copy of Logos has a bad rash. For some reason it arbitrarily (AFAICT) highlights numbers in red. Not ALL number, just some! (See the window capture below.) It’s been doing this for a while now, and it’s getting quite annoying.

It sounds - from your description - that this is related to the "Link to Open Panels" feature - which causes references to verses open in one resource to be highlighted in another.

But your screenshot hasn't come through so it's hard to be sure. Please try posting it again using the paperclip icon in the editor.

Posts 21
Larry Quinlan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 22 2014 7:33 AM

Graham Criddle:
Don't quite understand this as the free L6 engine isn't being made available until Feb 2015.

Actually, it was made available, briefly, after Logos 6 came online. I followed the link(s) from Logos' home page, clicked on the download button... and, as they say, the rest is history. Apparently it was an error on Logos' part. Anyway, there is really no compelling reason to upgrade to Logos 6 if one (e.g. myself) is not going to spend the coins for the additional data sets, resources, etc. So I gained nothing but the hassle of downgrading back to Logos 5. But that's a different topic...

Graham Criddle:
It sounds - from your description - that this is related to the "Link to Open Panels" feature - which causes references to verses open in one resource to be highlighted in another.

Ah...thank you! I'll look into that. Thanks for the feedback!

Graham Criddle:
But your screenshot hasn't come through

Yeah, but it's up now. I had to bone up on that... You can "copy and paste" an image in the editor and it works just fine...but it won't post that way. Sigh!

Posts 21
Larry Quinlan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 22 2014 8:03 AM

Graham Criddle:
It sounds - from your description - that this is related to the "Link to Open Panels" feature

Thanks, Graham! Deselecting the "Link to Open Panels" check box solved the problem. I appreciate your help!

Posts 21878
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 22 2014 8:06 AM

Hi Larry

Larry Quinlan:
Thanks, Graham! Deselecting the "Link to Open Panels" check box solved the problem. I appreciate your help!

Glad we got that sortedSmile

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS