Why are not User Manuals Free?

Page 12 of 12 (229 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12
This post has 228 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 10223
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 10:54 AM

Thank you, Eli!

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 10:55 AM

thank you. Yours is a tremendously helpful program to support weekly Bible Studies and sermons and I appreciate the continued labor to make it even better. This is one pastor whose ministry is greatly enhanced by your efforts, and the blessing is then multiplied to others. 

I will keep checking the help files as needed...

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 251
Rod | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 11:35 AM

Eli Evans:
We will be updating this resource frequently and soon.

Yes

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 12:04 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
This is a bad idea for new users who are at least savvy enough to know that when Windows or Mac software has a help menu you look there for help.

I respectfully disagree the question mark should be clue enough for anyone who has used a computer very long and now typing help in your Library window will take you the resource seems very intuitive (but I may be a very poor example as I found dragging a disk to the trash can on an old mac a logical way to eject a disk). I would agree a person who is introduced to computers and immediately gets Logos might be at a disadvantage but this seems to me to likely be a very small minority of users.

-dan

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 12:15 PM

Dan Francis:

Kevin A. Purcell:
This is a bad idea for new users who are at least savvy enough to know that when Windows or Mac software has a help menu you look there for help.

I respectfully disagree the question mark should be clue enough for anyone who has used a computer very long and now typing help in your Library window will take you the resource seems very intuitive (but I may be a very poor example as I found dragging a disk to the trash can on an old mac a logical way to eject a disk). I would agree a person who is introduced to computers and immediately gets Logos might be at a disadvantage but this seems to me to likely be a very small minority of users.

-dan

Good news: Both ways of accessing Help are available now, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Posts 8974
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 12:22 PM

Eli Evans:
Good news: Both ways of accessing Help are available now, and will be for the foreseeable future.

And it is especially useful now that an inline search can be done. Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2076
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 25 2015 3:12 AM

Inline search in Help--a wonderful discovery!  Thanks.

Posts 2723
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 25 2015 2:36 PM

Eli Evans:
Good news: Both ways of accessing Help are available now, and will be for the foreseeable future

That's good. I misunderstood a previous comment to say these would replace the help menu.

Posts 56
Fred Robbins | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 26 2015 10:26 AM

That should not be a reason to increase the price!!

Page 12 of 12 (229 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 | RSS