Labels vs Tags vs Community Tags

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 47 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 211
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2018 1:38 PM

I would like to know the progress on this. I tried to search Basic "Your Documents" "mytags" and nothing comes up. I have tagged several note files in which I import sermon illustrations. None of my tagged documents show up. The point of my tagging was to simplify my search for sermon illustrations. 

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jimerwin/ - a postmodern pastor in a digital world

Posts 2174
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2018 2:53 PM

Jim Erwin:

I would like to know the progress on this. I tried to search Basic "Your Documents" "mytags" and nothing comes up. I have tagged several note files in which I import sermon illustrations. None of my tagged documents show up. The point of my tagging was to simplify my search for sermon illustrations. 

Jim,

I think you're better off starting a new thread in Logos 7. If you don't have Logos 7, I would urge you to take advantage of the free upgrade. Carefully explain what you are doing now and what you are trying to achieve. Screenshots are helpful.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 9819
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2018 3:06 PM

Jim Erwin:
I tried to search Basic "Your Documents" "mytags" and nothing comes up. I have tagged several note files in which I import sermon illustrations. None of my tagged documents show up.

While Beloved is right about the new thread and the need for more details of what you are trying to achieve in which way, from your description it seems a bit as if you mix up the tagging of library resources on the metadata level (this is where mytag: would be located, and this works perfectly in library filtering) and the tagging of e.g. notes and clippings within Logos documents - those would be found e.g. in a basic search directed against "Your Documents" (or the respective section in an Everything-search).

EDIT: for example, I added a tagging called "TestTag" to a clipping and a note (actually a highlight). The "Your Documents" basic search will find both of them:

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 24473
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2018 4:07 PM

NB.Mick:
it seems a bit as if you mix up the tagging of library resources on the metadata level (this is where mytag: would be located,

I think he was referring to the use of  "My Tag" instead of "All Text" in the Basic Search. Alternatively, your search term could be mytag:testtag.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 9819
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 28 2018 11:10 PM

Dave Hooton:
I think he was referring to the use of  "My Tag" instead of "All Text" in the Basic Search. Alternatively, your search term could be mytag:testtag

Ah, I see. But this should definitely work, too.

This, as well as using the mytag: operator in an All Text search of "Your Documents" (or an Everything search) will give the results from tagged Notes and Clippings (and eliminate false positives from the content of the documents).  

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 211
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 29 2018 1:15 PM

NB.Mick, what you does not work on my Logos 7, but the other graphic from earlier where I seach "mytag:" in search box works. Thanks!

However, I think this may need a Wiki explanation in Logos 7 Wiki. 

Posts 211
Jim Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 29 2018 1:16 PM

This works!

Thanks

Posts 24473
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 29 2018 2:02 PM

Jim Erwin:
However, I think this may need a Wiki explanation in Logos 7 Wiki. 

Can you clarify which wiki, and what section?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS