Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 497
Greg Masone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 10 2015 11:15 PM

Kevin Byford:
Before using "Download All" you can first filter the library using the below entries in the Find field (these are documented in Logos Desktop's Help section).  For example, "author:darby" will show the Darby Bible, and in this case "Download All" will only download the filtered results.

I've been using the iOS app since 2011 and I read the forums every day. I've never known about this.

A dropdown menu would be helpful.

And I second the need for a sorting option that just displays books downloaded on my device.

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 4:08 AM

It may be argued that this isn't thebright place for this post but, for me, it shows an issue with an app that I actually enjoy using and have used for some time.

this morning at church I pulled out my iPad 2, opened up the bible app and tried to load the NIV(1984) bible, which I've downloaded, only to find it not opening up.. fiund this odd, so I went to the ESV my bible of choice and on that I couldnt navigate to the text being used by the preacher? In fact I couldn't navigate back manually past the beginning of 1 Timothy.

I then restarted my iPad, after I had restarted the app numerous times, to find the same issue, I then connected to my iPhone, as my iPad is wifi only to see if there was any resource updates but nothing showed up. So as it stands, without connecting to my iPhone hotspot I can't open a downloaded bible (NIV), on another (ESV) I can't navigate backwards.. In fact the only bible I can use is the LEB...

How can this be??

Will see if the resources need updating when I get home.. very disappointed by this.

Posts 643
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 11:04 AM

Paul Gisbourne:

It may be argued that this isn't thebright place for this post but, for me, it shows an issue with an app that I actually enjoy using and have used for some time.

this morning at church I pulled out my iPad 2, opened up the bible app and tried to load the NIV(1984) bible, which I've downloaded, only to find it not opening up.. fiund this odd, so I went to the ESV my bible of choice and on that I couldnt navigate to the text being used by the preacher? In fact I couldn't navigate back manually past the beginning of 1 Timothy.

I then restarted my iPad, after I had restarted the app numerous times, to find the same issue, I then connected to my iPhone, as my iPad is wifi only to see if there was any resource updates but nothing showed up. So as it stands, without connecting to my iPhone hotspot I can't open a downloaded bible (NIV), on another (ESV) I can't navigate backwards.. In fact the only bible I can use is the LEB...

How can this be??

Will see if the resources need updating when I get home.. very disappointed by this.

Paul,

You may need to delete the app and re-install. The problem you are experiencing further highlights that Logos has not fully embraced the mobile market which continues to grow daily.

Posts 2856
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 11:44 AM

Taxee:

toughski:
only yesterday, after years of having the app I figured that I can add a book to Favorites, mitigating the lack of On-Device-Collections

This is one of my consistent complaints with all of the Logos software - no manuals.

Somehow, through the process of osmosis or some other revelatory action, we are supposed to understand how all the apps work.

You can pay for some video courses but I would prefer a manual that was in the app that REALLY tells you all the nuts and bolts of how to use the program.

Weird...seems like I've heard someone else saying this same thing.

At least there are two of us now.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 2856
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 11:50 AM

Denise:
Kevin, exactly in what way do you 'value and appreciate customers that use your free mobile apps', being 'thankful for any/all bug reports that are sent to you should a problem arise'?

That's a great question, Denise, and I'm glad you asked it.

Denise:
 I remember Melford pleading for something that explained how the apps worked.  He was the nice guy.

I'm not quite as nice a guy, so I've been keeping my mouth shut. Suffice it to say, if I said what I thought about this, Kevin probably wouldn't be quite as appreciative.

Logos, I still want my money back.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 27801
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 12:21 PM

Doug Hanna:
Does Logos have developers on staff that focus primarily or exclusively on the mobile apps?

Yes.

Doug Hanna:
What is the best way to report bugs/frustrations to them?

Here for iOS. The Android forum for Android. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 853
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 12:31 PM

Kevin Byford:

Before using "Download All" you can first filter the library using the below entries in the Find field (these are documented in Logos Desktop's Help section).  For example, "author:darby" will show the Darby Bible, and in this case "Download All" will only download the filtered results.

author:
abbrev:
epubdate:
lang:
mytag:
pubdate:
publisher:
rating:
subject:
series:
title:
type:

This is one of my biggest complaints with the whole Logos search/programming philosophy, the user needs to know then enter some convoluted search/syntax string into a command box. That is so 1970's. And it would help if this stuff was documented by the programmers and a paid technical writer rather than relying on a user created and maintained wiki. I will never understand that.

Posts 251
Rod | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 2:09 PM

Michael McLane:
And it would help if this stuff was documented by the programmers and a paid technical writer rather than relying on a user created and maintained wiki. I will never understand that.

Yes

Posts 117
Lionel B Dyck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 3:23 PM

Where might one find the complete list of hidden commands for the IOS app?

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 4:02 PM

Lionel B Dyck:

ha-ha. That's funny!

Posts 2856
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 4:57 PM

Lionel B Dyck:

If you can Vulcan mind-meld with one of the techs, that's the only place I know of. They sure don't seem to want to write it down anywhere. But then, that's how it is with the software, too.

Posts 117
Lionel B Dyck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 4:59 PM

Is there an unofficial list on the wiki or forums?

Posts 929
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 11 2015 5:02 PM

Lionel B Dyck:

It's probably the prize in a Bellingham treasure hunt Confused

Posts 5151
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 1:20 AM

This is the most comprehensive list i've seen and is in this thread.  Not sure if there is anything on the wiki in regards to mobile apps.  These sort of command should be found in a pinned post of FAQ on each relevant forum. - but that would be against the only rule imposed on Logos employees - Never write anything down - that way MP can charge customers big money for training.  

Lionel B Dyck:

Is there an unofficial list on the wiki or forums?

Kevin Byford:

author:
abbrev:
epubdate:
lang:
mytag:
pubdate:
publisher:
rating:
subject:
series:
title:
type:

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 3:54 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
MP can charge customers big money for training.  

As you know, MP doesn't do any iOS training. That means documentation is all the more important, but it also means you suggested motivation is wrong.

Posts 5151
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 12 2015 11:31 AM

No I don't know if he includes iOS /Android training anywhere since I have not done his seminars.  And secondly I was making a general comment not an iOS specific one, but understand how you might have thought otherwise. My comment still stands, Logos keep documentation low so users who want more are forced to pay MP for official manuals and or training.  Maybe it was expressed a little too much satire for you to get that point. This is a long term issue with this company.  They continue to fail users when it comes to documentation. And instead tell them you have too pay more money to get documentation of the quality that should already come with the software given the price of base packages.  Finding out about their software is hit and miss and more often is miss.  They leave it up to volunteers like yourself to try and sort out the miss.  if I had a dollar for every time the same questions got asked on these forums due to the lack of documentation I'd be very rich.

Mark Barnes:

Disciple of Christ (doc):
MP can charge customers big money for training.  

As you know, MP doesn't do any iOS training. That means documentation is all the more important, but it also means you suggested motivation is wrong.

Posts 4
Ted Pate | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 2:20 PM

I too have have had a hard time finding stuff in my library. It's crazy having 1000's of books and can't find what you need. l'm sitting in a hospital room waiting for recovery and just watched this video on Logos http://youtu.be/H3QENcs4mik

It is an hour long. I would suggest you watch the first 35 minutes of the video. I have my android phone and ipad with me and many of the features are not accessable on these devices. I can't wait to get home and set up catagories on my laptop. 

Posts 4
Ted Pate | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 2:22 PM

if you have spent hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on Logos 35 minutes would be well worth the effort.

Posts 2
Dan Kehrer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 25 2015 7:37 PM

So how do you do it? 

Posts 27801
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 25 2015 8:01 PM

Dan Kehrer:

So how do you do it? 

Welcome Dan! Smile

In the future, it would be best to create a new thread and explain your issue clearly. I <think> you are wanting to know how to create a "favorite." If that isnt correct, please create a new thread. 

To create a favorite, press the "star" icon in read view. To pull up the menu, tap the screen.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS