Page 3 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 46 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 9:35 AM

This is the EXACT same problem I am having.  Honestly, I have found my ipad app to be unreliabile when I really need it.  

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 22087
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 9:42 AM

Hi Cynthia

Cynthia in Florida:

This is the EXACT same problem I am having.  Honestly, I have found my ipad app to be unreliabile when I really need it.  

I think, but am not sure, that you are referring to not being able to open downloaded resources when offline.

Please start a new thread and outline exactly the issue you are seeing so it can be looked into.

Graham

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 10:13 AM

Graham Criddle:
Please start a new thread and outline exactly the issue you are seeing so it can be looked into.

Thanks Graham for mentioning this.

Creating a new thread with a meaningful title and detailed instructions (for example, the resource being used, the version of the app, etc.) is what makes the forums valuable to both Faithlife and our customers since it helps to more quickly identify issues.  

Posts 2828
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 11:17 AM

Taxee:

I try to avoid going to Home page or Library view if at all possible.  I agree that the app is painful to use in its present state.

Watching the ipad or iphone reload the list of resources is just way too slow.  One should have the option of not reloading the list unless you want it updated.

This app has so much potential, but it is really a shame that Logos has not done more with it.  It is absurd that we have to avoid the Library view, and practically work around problems to get basic functions.  In fact, many people are transferring resources to Kindle just to read them.

After all this time, this is most unprofessional.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 27805
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 12:18 PM

Why are we avoiding the library again? I don't seem to have any of these problems. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 27 2015 12:25 PM

Michael Childs:

Taxee:

I try to avoid going to Home page or Library view if at all possible.  I agree that the app is painful to use in its present state.

Watching the ipad or iphone reload the list of resources is just way too slow.  One should have the option of not reloading the list unless you want it updated.

This app has so much potential, but it is really a shame that Logos has not done more with it.  It is absurd that we have to avoid the Library view, and practically work around problems to get basic functions.  In fact, many people are transferring resources to Kindle just to read them.

After all this time, this is most unprofessional.

Please create a new thread explaining exactly what you are experiencing, what hardware device you are using, how long it takes to "reload" the library list, which basic functions can't be accessed without workarounds, etc.  Every day I test with ~53K resources in my library and I'm not seeing the issues you describe.

Posts 506
Tim Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2015 3:28 PM

Kevin Byford:

Every day I test with ~53K resources in my library and I'm not seeing the issues you describe.

Wow, that's a lot of resources! lol. The perks of working for Faithlife I guess? ;)

Page 3 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS