Download of L6 stuck at 13%

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 168
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 16 2015 6:32 PM

I think I recall some issues not too long ago about downloading but thought it had been resolved. Not sure what I'm experiencing here but my download is stuck at 13%. It got there pretty quickly then froze, then dropped to 12% and then back up to 13%. It's not moved from there in quite a while. What can I do?

Running on MB Air 13 inch, 2013 with Yosemite 10.10.1

Mark Nigro

Pastor/Teacher/Student/Writer

www.calvarychapelbiblecollege.com

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 6:58 PM

Mark Nigro:

I think I recall some issues not too long ago about downloading but thought it had been resolved. Not sure what I'm experiencing here but my download is stuck at 13%. It got there pretty quickly then froze, then dropped to 12% and then back up to 13%. It's not moved from there in quite a while. What can I do?

Running on MB Air 13 inch, 2013 with Yosemite 10.10.1

I would kill it and try again.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 168
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 7:17 PM

Rebooted the whole machine and it quickly downloaded again from 0 to 25%, still climbing at a good and constant pace. I'm hopeful it will keep going.

Mark Nigro

Posts 168
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 7:18 PM

And thanks, George.

Mark Nigro

Posts 168
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 9:44 PM

Happy to say the download completed quickly and indexed even more quickly (3.49 GB).

Mark Nigro

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 9:46 PM

Mark Nigro:

Happy to say the download completed quickly and indexed even more quickly (3.49 GB).

That's good to hear.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 51
Richard Labelle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 17 2015 8:59 AM

I supposedly have a download of 10.1 MG. The download begins but go up and down also i.e. 0% to 13% to 21% then back to 11% and so forth and so on going even up to 98% then down and then suddenly disappears and try to download again after a minute or so, and again ...

I closed Logos and rebooted my Mac several times to no avail!

I do not know what to do. Any idea?

Thanks!

I am running an iMac 27 inch, 2010 with Yosemite 10.10.1

My Logos version is: 6.0b 6.0.2.0042

... pursuing excellence in Christ Jesus!

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 17 2015 12:50 PM

Set Automatically Download Updates (in Program Settings) to NO and reboot the computer. If it starts indexing ignore the download notification and let indexing complete. Then allow the download, but if progress starts varying kill the download and restart the Mac to see if it will index.

EDIT: if the issue continues enable logging and upload logs before restarting Logos.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 51
Richard Labelle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 17 2015 10:50 PM

Thanks Dave but nothing seems to work! I followed what you said to the letter with no result! % is still going up and down .... I have enable logging and tried to attach the file to the post description of the problem but it seems that clicking on the "insert" button does not upload the .zip file!

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 12:35 PM

Richard Labelle:
but it seems that clicking on the "insert" button does not upload the .zip file!

You clicked on Browse, to select the zip?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 51
Richard Labelle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 6:25 PM

Dave, the button says "Insert". I followed all the instructions to "report a problem" using the Logos logging Utility app and as they suggested, wrote a new post (which I named "Bug") gave it a description and clicked the "Attach button" on the toolbar which brought a screen named "Insert Media file". I I choose the zip file that I saved on my desktop which showed up on the form) but clicking on the "insert" button did not upload the zip file as attachment to the "Bug" new post. I don't know why! I hope I explained this properly Dave, I am not very good at this and don't have experience in doing it either! I really appreciate your help. God bless you.

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 10:10 PM

1. Click the paper-clip icon
  2. Click Browse button. Find and select your zip file and click Open to dismiss the browse box.
  3. Zero the value in Max width box
  4. Click the Insert button

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS