6.0b BUG: Smart Select weirdness on sentence boundaries

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18876
Posts 8243
LogosEmployee

As far as I can tell, this is working as designed. When your selection includes part of two (or more) sentences, it's automatically expanded to the full extent of both sentences. Similarly, when it includes part of two paragraphs, it's automatically expanded to the bounds of those paragraphs.

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 9:28 AM

I'll accept that the design is as you describe it (even though I don't like that). But my first example (starting from the second sentence) allowed me to select only two sentences without selecting the entire paragraph. So that would be a bug in your scheme of things.

Posts 8243
LogosEmployee

Rosie Perera:
But my first example (starting from the second sentence) allowed me to select only two sentences without selecting the entire paragraph.

They were both within the same paragraph, correct?

Smart selection switches into "paragraph mode" when your selection includes (parts of) two or more paragraphs.

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 2:26 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Rosie Perera:
But my first example (starting from the second sentence) allowed me to select only two sentences without selecting the entire paragraph.

They were both within the same paragraph, correct?

Smart selection switches into "paragraph mode" when your selection includes (parts of) two or more paragraphs.

OK, so that explains the case for selecting from within verse 21 to within verse 22. I hadn't noticed that there was a paragraph break after verse 21.

But how do you account for the behavior when I start selecting within verse 19 and drag into verse 20 (starting at around 1:19 on the screencast)? Why is the pericope heading included in the selection once I cross a sentence boundary? Is it considered to be part of the sentence of verse 19? Odd.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS