OT: Why you should read the EULA

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 18 2015 2:55 PM

I wonder what fun secret messages we could find hidden within the Logos EULA if we did this to it?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/17/7628793/bet-you-didnt-read-your-icloud-agreement

For the complete work of art that is discussed there, see the link at the end of the article, or click here:

http://www.underconsideration.com/fpo/archives/2015/01/the-man-who-agreed---apple-terms-and-conditions.php

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 3:27 PM

Rosie Perera:

I wonder what fun secret messages we could find hidden within the Logos EULA if we did this to it?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/17/7628793/bet-you-didnt-read-your-icloud-agreement

For the complete work of art that is discussed there, see the link at the end of the article, or click here:

http://www.underconsideration.com/fpo/archives/2015/01/the-man-who-agreed---apple-terms-and-conditions.php

Do you suppose we'd find  Satanic message in it?  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9215
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 3:32 PM

Who knows what other messages are hidden inside those agreements.

I don't think I'm in the minority of people who don't read the agreements fully before choosing "I Agree".

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1432
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 4:12 PM

Is Logos out to collect the souls of users? 

This game company wrote the EULA so that clicking agree turned your soul over to the company. 7000+ failed to check the opt-out box.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 5285
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 4:49 PM

Ignorance of the law is no excuse they say....but thank God there is grace. I know "that devil" is tricky but I am quite sure this is not proper soul collecting rules. Devil Stick out tongue Lightning No Soul for you, mine belongs to God!

-Dan

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 9:09 PM

George Somsel:

Rosie Perera:

Do you suppose we'd find  Satanic message in it?  Wink

Nah just a subliminal message telling us to by the Collector's Edition package

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 9:17 PM

Well, here's a hidden message in the EULA Summary:

The short version is this: "The license goes with the user. Every user must purchase their own package. If you have a work machine and a laptop and they are both yours for your personal use, you may load it on both for your personal use - because the license goes with the user." Can you purchase one package and have two people use it? No. The license goes with the user. The license is a single user license.

All licenses are single human being licenses. We do not offer site-licenses, shared licenses, co-op licenses, library licenses or multi-user licenses. A church or company may be the purchaser and thus legal owner of the license grant, but may only allow one human being to be the beneficiary of this license grant.

-------

If you read the bold letters, it says: The Seahawks will win.  

Posts 2902
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 9:24 PM

Rosie Perera:

Weird. When I pulled it up, there were different letters in bold...this is what I saw:

The short version is this: "The license goes with the user. Every user must purchase their own package. If you have a work machine and a laptop and they are both yours for your personal use, you may load it on both for your personal use - because the license goes with the user." Can you purchase one package and have two people use it? No. The license goes with the user. The license is a single user license.

All licenses are single human being licenses. We do not offer site-licenses, shared licenses, co-op licenses, library licenses or multi-user licenses. A church or company may be the purchaser and thus legal owner of the license grant, but may only allow one human being to be the beneficiary of this license grant.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 9:28 PM

Rosie Perera:

I didn't think they would after the 1st half, but the 2nd half was a totally different game.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 9:37 PM

George Somsel:

Rosie Perera:

I didn't think they would after the 1st half, but the 2nd half was a totally different game.

I was referring to the Super Bowl.

Posts 790
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 9:41 PM

The short version is this: "The license goes with the user. Every user must purchase their own package. If you have a work machine and a laptop and they are both yours for your personal use, you may load it on both for your personal use - because the license goes with the user." Can you purchase one package and have two people use it? No. The license goes with the user. The license is a single user license.

See I was right. Buy Collectors Edition Smile

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 9:43 PM

Ha ha! You're right. Subliminal marketing.

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 18 2015 9:46 PM

Actually, I found a message in just the first paragraph:

The short version is this: "The license goes with the user. Every user must purchase their own package. If you have a work machine and a laptop and they are both yours for your personal use, you may load it on both for your personal use - because the license goes with the user." Can you purchase one package and have two people use it? No. The license goes with the user. The license is a single user license.

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 5:34 AM

Rosie Perera:
Well, here's a hidden message

Some people have too much time on their hands Wink.

And that especially applies to the one who took time to read this thread Embarrassed

Posts 18860
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 10:55 AM

Jack Caviness:
Some people have too much time on their hands Wink.

We all are granted just the right amount of time for what God calls us to do with our lives, but some of us waste the time we have. Guilty as charged.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS