Printing to Networked Printers with User Authentication

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Timothy Bushfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 19 2015 8:24 AM

Is there a way to print directly from within Logos to a networked printer that requires user authentication?

Logos has it's own print dialog box / export interface that suppresses the system print dialog on Mac OS.  Because of this, I cannot print from Logos because there's no way to send the user authentication information to the printer.  Normally, this is done in a dropdown menu in the MacOS print dialog box, by choosing "Output Method" and then checking the checkbox for User Authentication.  MacOS It even allows me to save my credentials as a preset.  But Logos does not access or employ this system dialog box, nor does it offer me access to my print settings presets.  So I cannot print from Logos.

I can export to a word doc, or to a pdf file, and by saving that to disk and then leaving logos and opening that file, I can print the newly minted document, but this is a clunky and after a while, time consuming work around.

Software from companies like Adobe (Photoshop, InDesign) also have their own print dialog windows, but they all include a small button that allows you to go through the MacOS print settings -- which allows me to use one of my presets with my userid and password.  

So my question is this:  Is there a way to print directly from within Logos to a networked printer that requires user authentication?  (I did post this question back on Sept 11, 2013, to no avail, so I'm hoping after more than a year that maybe someone might have some new information).

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13", Mid 2014, 16GB)
MacOS 10.10.1 (Yosemite)
Logos 6.0b (6.0.2.0042)
Apple Airport Extreme Base Station
Konica-Minolta C280 Color Laser Copier

Posts 28246
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 19 2015 9:40 AM

You might need to call Customer Service. This is a technical question that I would guess only effects a small population (Mac users like me) who are using networked printers (unlike me) which require a password (unlike me). 

If you find resolution, I would love to know about it, so please update us! 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS