Is it possible to share settings with other users?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 22
Christopher Lovelace | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 29 2015 10:18 AM

I am leading a team of Bible translators who all have Logos 5 (I have Logos 6). The group and I have the same resources in our libraries.

Is it possible for me to create a set of preferences on my Logos installation and save them in a file or in several files that the other users can then import into their own installations?

For instance, it would save a lot of time if I can define some collections for us to use as a group, then to export that list to the group so that they can install those collection lists in Logos for themselves.

I'd also like to export my priortization preferences, if possible, for the same use.

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 11:26 AM

Someone will hopefully come along that knows a lot more about this than I do, but I can tell you that it is at least possible to share collections via Faithlife.

For example, I joined the "Logos Library Theology/Denomination Tags" group on Faithlife, went to the "Documents" tab, and I was able to choose a variety of collections to copy to my own library.  You might try it out for yourself just to see how it works.

I imagine you would just need to set up a Faithlife group (which you may have already done since you guys are working in a group already) and upload your collection to the documents somehow.  Someone else will have to explain how to do that.

I don't know about the prioritized resources.

Posts 2784
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 29 2015 11:27 AM

Christopher Lovelace:

I am leading a team of Bible translators who all have Logos 5 (I have Logos 6). The group and I have the same resources in our libraries.

Is it possible for me to create a set of preferences on my Logos installation and save them in a file or in several files that the other users can then import into their own installations?

For instance, it would save a lot of time if I can define some collections for us to use as a group, then to export that list to the group so that they can install those collection lists in Logos for themselves.

I'd also like to export my priortization preferences, if possible, for the same use.

This can be done through the faithlife groups, however, others are more qualified to explain this is an understandable way, so we'll wait for others to chime in.

The bottom line answer is, yes, it can be done.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS