How can I calculate the total size of my library?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 44
Madison | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 31 2015 8:36 PM

I'm wondering how I can calculate the total size of my library on my hard drive. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 9:13 PM

Mac or Windows?

If Windows, you can go to your C:\Users\Madison Ruppert\AppData\Local folder (to be able to find it you might need to turn on visibility of hidden files and folders), right-click on the Logos 5 folder in there, and choose Properties. It will bring up a dialog with the info you're looking for:

Posts 44
Madison | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 9:21 PM

Sorry, Mac OS X Yosemite. 

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 9:34 PM

Ah well, someone else will have to answer you, or you can google how to find how much space a folder takes up on your HD on a Mac. The Logos 5 folder is in Drive name:Users:USERNAME:Library:Application Support:LOGOS5

Posts 44
Madison | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 10:08 PM

Oddly enough, I'm using Logos 6 and the folder is called "Logos4". I've never had Logos 4 installed on this machine. Your instructions did the trick though, I found the folder and right-clicked and selected "more info." It says right up top how big the folder is.

Thank you!

Posts 27052
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 1 2015 3:57 AM

Madison Ruppert:
Oddly enough, I'm using Logos 6 and the folder is called "Logos4"

Historical. Once Faithlife called the folder Logos4 it was difficult (impossible) to change it for Logos 5 and Logos 6 (the dmg image carries the folder name). Windows has a similar issue with existing installations but new installations can be installed to a different folder (\Logos5 for Logos 5 and \Logos for Logos 6 OR a custom folder).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS