[resolved] Home page settings: Media

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 65
Michael A. Mnich | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 2 2015 9:09 AM

I wanted to have my homepage display all the Logos, Faithlife , Academic, etc. blogs only. When I select them in the wheel icon, they will not display. If I click Media, I get them, but also all kinds of pics, etc. Does one have to select Media in order to get the blogs, etc.?

All the media pics, etc. are distracting. How can I get rid of them, yet have the blogs, etc. I want?

Thanks,

Mike

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 2 2015 9:12 AM

Michael A. Mnich:
When I select them in the wheel icon, they will not display. If I click Media, I get them, but also all kinds of pics, etc. Does one have to select Media in order to get the blogs, etc.?

Strange - as per below I can get blog posts without having media selected

This is running 6.1beta 3 on Windows 8.1

What version of Logos software are you using and on which platform?

Posts 65
Michael A. Mnich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 4:03 PM

Dear Graham,

I still must check Media, in order for the blogs to show. Is this a bug?

I'm running Win 7; and have Logos 6.0b SR2

Thanks,

Mike

Posts 26479
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 4:29 PM

Like Graham, I can't reproduce your problem. Could you post a screenshot of your options and homepage?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 65
Michael A. Mnich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 4:34 PM

How do I do screenshots?

Posts 26479
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 4:37 PM

https://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 65
Michael A. Mnich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 4:48 PM

Here is what the homepage looks like when Media is unchecked

Don't have paint, so screen is attached in Word5635.Doc1.docx

Let me know if you can access this

Posts 65
Michael A. Mnich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 5:00 PM

Here is is in Paint

Posts 26479
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 6 2015 7:21 PM

I still don't see what is wrong. Are you sure you are online?

Posts 65
Michael A. Mnich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 4:36 PM

Notice in the screen several blogs are checked,and media not checked. Nothing shows on the homepage. If I check media also, then the blogs and media will show on the homepage. Yes, I am online. It seems blogs will only show on homepage if Media is also checked. I realize that's not true for your Win 8 setup, but it doesn't work for blogs only in my Win7 setup.

Mike

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 10:33 PM

Hi Mike

Thanks for the screenshot - though I did find it very small and difficult to readSmile

I can reproduce what you are seeing but its not just related to Media. If I set up my homepage like yours then I also get a blank page

If I add in any of Excerpt, "Recent Reading Lists", Media or "Verse of the Day" then all the information I expect is shown.

So it does appear that certain "blocks" are necessary for the "variable" part of the homepage to be displayed.

Hopefully someone from Faithlife will be able to comment further

Graham 

Posts 65
Michael A. Mnich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 4:29 PM

Another Homepage oddity:

I tried Graham's idea of checking verse of the day, not media, then all the blogs. It worked fine for 3 or 4 days; then today, I had the blank homepage except for the verse. When I check media, I get all the blogs; but no longer with just verse and blogs checked.

Any idea what's going on?

Mike

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 5:47 AM

Michael A. Mnich:

Any idea what's going on?

No, and we might need Faithlife to chime in on this one. You might need to post logs. If you don't know how, search the wiki for diagnostic logging. Wiki.logos.com. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 8:53 AM

Graham Criddle:
I can reproduce what you are seeing but its not just related to Media. If I set up my homepage like yours then I also get a blank page

With these exact settings in Logos 6.1 RC 1 or 6.0b SR-3, I get the proper display of blogs. Graham, do you still get this issue?

Logs would be helpful to see what's going on. Michael, you can follow 

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 9:38 AM

Hi Dylan

Dylan Rondeau:

Graham Criddle:

With these exact settings in Logos 6.1 RC 1 or 6.0b SR-3, I get the proper display of blogs. Graham, do you still get this issue?

With those same settings I still get the empty homepage on 6.1RC1

Logs attached

5826.Logos.log

0333.LogosIndexer.log

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 10:17 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Dylan

Dylan Rondeau:

Graham Criddle:

With those same settings I still get the empty homepage on 6.1RC1

Logs attached

5826.Logos.log

0333.LogosIndexer.log

Thanks, Graham. I'm not seeing anything in the logs, and I'm very confused why - in the same build - we would be getting different behavior. I've made a note of this in the case. Hopefully a dev can figure out what's going on. Smile

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 10:35 AM

I couldn't see anything relevant in the logs either. Dylan!

Hopefully one of the developers will be able to sort it out

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2015 9:29 AM

Dylan Rondeau:
I've made a note of this in the case. Hopefully a dev can figure out what's going on. Smile

This should be fixed in 6.3.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS