Google type search

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Pastor Tim Elliott | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 8 2015 4:11 PM

Is there a google type search available? Type in a question or a series of words and off it goes? My cell phone does it if I speak into it.... like "When did first man step unto the moon?" Is there a similar feature? Like being able to type in "Great White Throne judgment" and have it give me details... I am operating Windows 7, Logos 6 Silver.

Posts 27
Pastor Tim Elliott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 4:21 PM

Here is a picture of a Google search I did a moment ago to show you what the internet can do. Can I do this in Logos?

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 4:55 PM

While Logos has no natural language processing (NLP) like Google does, there are ways to get better results out of Logos for a search like the one you mentioned. First of all, grouping words that must be found together into a phrase in quotation marks will cut down dramatically on the number of irrelevant hits. So, for example, with the text you mentioned (Great White Throne judgment), if I type those four words in just like that, I get 6,792 results; but if I put quotation marks around "Great White Throne" and then add judgment by itself outside the quotation marks to the search text (i.e., "Great White Throne" judgment), I've narrowed it down to 4,078 results. That's still an awful lot, but I suspect you'll have fewer, because my library is pretty huge.

Next you can specify that those words be found in heading text (i.e., large font text) using the largetext: search prefix. You might try:

largetext:"Great White Throne" judgment

In my library, that reduces the number of hits to a manageable level: 210 results in 17 resources. In case you're having trouble finding enough relevant hits, these are the resources in my library which turned up hits:

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 8 2015 5:37 PM

Pastor Tim Elliott:
Like being able to type in "Great White Throne judgment" and have it give me details.

Basic search of Heading Text, Large Text, Title can quickly find articles:

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS