Really needs improved administrator tools

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 9 2015 10:19 AM

I just got off the phone with customer service and am baffled. I am moving to a new ministry and the proclaim account is tied to my logos account. I simply want to remove myself from the proclaim account so that the notification emails and billing will go to the new administrator of the account.

I was told that this cannot be done. Apparently they have never run into this issue before? How can this be? I am told that I will continue to have to forward emails to the church after I leave or they can cancel their account with no refund and start from scratch.

Sorry if I sound harsh but really?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 10:25 AM

You should be able to make one of the existing group users members and admin and then simply leave the group. Have you tried this and it's not working?

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 10:35 AM

Yes that's great but the account is still under my name and connected with my Faithlife account.

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 10:36 AM

When I sign in with the new admin account and click on account details it takes me to my logos account.

Posts 2

So I did as you suggested and left the group, how will they change their account settings? I guess when their current subscription runs out they will need to create a new group and sign up for a new subscription? Will the email reminding them that they need to renew go to the admins or to me?

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 11:42 AM

Worship Team:
I guess when their current subscription runs out they will need to create a new group

They should be able to just start a new subscription with the same group under a new name.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 12:36 PM

John Graves:

When I sign in with the new admin account and click on account details it takes me to my logos account.

The "View account details" link in the account menu navigates to https://www.logos.com/user/details which will show you details for the logged in account. In other words, it doesn't necessarily reflect the user that is signed in to Proclaim. I can see how this is confusing, though it works for most cases. I'll investigate fixing this for a future release.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 12:37 PM

John Graves:

Yes that's great but the account is still under my name and connected with my Faithlife account.

Once you've left it your account should no longer be associated with it. What is the name of the group you're trying to leave? This will allow me to investigate further.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 9 2015 12:40 PM

Worship Team:
So I did as you suggested and left the group, how will they change their account settings?

The new admin should be able to handle changing account settings.

Worship Team:
I guess when their current subscription runs out they will need to create a new group and sign up for a new subscription?

There should be no need to create a new group. The current subscription billing can easily be transferred to the new admin, or whichever group member is planning to take over the payment.

Worship Team:
Will the email reminding them that they need to renew go to the admins or to me?

I believe the renewal email will only go to the existing subscription holder. All users will see the prompt of the expired subscription in app and can take action there. 

Posts 2

Thanks for your replies, I think the issue with customer service was that we paid for a year and she said that couldn't be transferred to another user.

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 10 2015 1:44 PM

The subscription is tied to my email on this account, it still shows up in my order details. I have simply removed the auto renew option and they can decide if they want to continue with proclaim or not when the time comes.

Perhaps there is a way to transfer subscriptions but the person I talked to yesterday said no way.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS