I'm Going Back to my Paper Bible ...

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 10580
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 7:25 PM

Graham Criddle:

I haven't used a printed Bible on a regular basis for years - I much prefer the portability, flexibility and readability of an electronic version.

Saves typing when someone else expresses your thoughts for you Big Smile

Interestingly enough, before the Lord called Milord home, we both thought we were the oldest members of these forums, yet we were almost exclusively digital.

Posts 603
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 9:44 PM

Almost 79 here. And you, Jack?

Posts 10580
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 3:35 AM

Steve Maling:

Almost 79 here. And you, Jack?

You have a year on me. That makes me feel like a teenager Wink.

Posts 565
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 6:13 AM

I still use a paper Bible everyday for personal study and devotions. I'm a tactile person, and I love the smell of the leather and the feel of Bible paper. I always use an electronic version (Logos and others) for the preparation and writing of the lessons I teach.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 2076
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 14 2015 10:55 PM

I like to dig my fingernails into leather.  But I can do that on my iPad too.

Posts 78
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:26 AM

Rosie Perera:

I keep a paper Bible by my bed for reading as I'm settling down for the night, because the light from a digital screen stimulates the brain and makes it harder to calm down and fall asleep. 

It has been my observation that I fall asleep just as fast with a tablet as with a paper Bible. Sleep

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 1:40 PM

When I got Logos 7 years ago I tried moving all my reading to electronic platforms over several months. I discovered I found it easier to recall things to mind with a paper Bible - having that consistent visual aid. So I got myself a decent paper Bible and have used that for reading ever since - and I'm glad I've done so. That said, this Bible is the only paper book I read - everything else is in Logos, and as soon as I want to do any form of Bible study its straight to Logos.

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Posts 53
sal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 3:13 PM

I use both. I normally carry a paper copy to church, and prefer a paper copy for reading and memorization. For serious study I use Logos. It is interesting how the mind can remember visual cues about text position on a page that are lacking in a digital copy.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS