This post has 40 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 611
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 1:25 PM

I agree with Mark. Spot on! 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 13 2015 2:00 PM

MJ. Smith:
So lets give Faithlife and forum readers a break ... we know we'll hear a hue and cry when we receive some of the newer documentation ... no reason to chew our cud until then.

Moo.  Why buy the cow (current training resource offerings) when you can get the milk (proposed manuals and training videos) for free?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3076
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 4:48 PM

Phil, thanks for responding.

Phil Gons:
Did you know Logos 6 comes with the Logos 6 Quickstart (28 videos)?

Yes. Videos are NOT a manual. These are well done and helpful, but they are not the kind of training that is needed.

Phil Gons:
What else would you like to see?

I'll go slow.   M. A. N. U. A. L. 

I like paper, so I can sit it in my lap while I figure out how to do stuff on the software. Having Logos open on the screen, and a manual open on the screen doesn't fit so well. I realize printing is expensive, and electronic publication is less so, and I can print what I need. But I can't print what doesn't exist.

Phil Gons:
The plan is to be putting out one new video a day.

The bus is stuck in the mud, and this is the equivalent of spinning the wheels faster. You'll throw mud a lot farther, but you'll still be stuck.

Here's a tip: Every time the marketing team comes up with some slick new idea about how Logos can "revolutionize your bible study", make a resource that clearly explains, step-by-step, how to do it. If you can't explain it to the (very) average user, then don't advertise it as available to the masses. Another tip: Look in the forums, and every time you see a post where one of the MVPs demonstrates how to do something that nobody else could figure out how to do, write it up. That is the kind of training resource content that is needed. Mark alluded to one example of this above. Others have also given good examples.

Again, I appreciate the acknowledgement of a response. I've been flagellating this deceased equine for a couple years now, and I'm starting to see some results. I hope.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 2176
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:20 PM

Doc B:

Phil Gons:

Yes. Videos are NOT a manual. These are well done and helpful, but they are not the kind of training that is needed.

Phil Gons:

I like paper, so I can sit it in my lap while I figure out how to do stuff on the software. Having Logos open on the screen, and a manual open on the screen doesn't fit so well. I realize printing is expensive, and electronic publication is less so, and I can print what I need. But I can't print what doesn't exist.

Phil Gons:

The bus is stuck in the mud, and this is the equivalent of spinning the wheels faster. You'll throw mud a lot farther, but you'll still be stuck.

Here's a tip: Every time the marketing team comes up with some slick new idea about how Logos can "revolutionize your bible study", make a resource that clearly explains, step-by-step, how to do it. If you can't explain it to the (very) average user, then don't advertise it as available to the masses. Another tip: Look in the forums, and every time you see a post where one of the MVPs demonstrates how to do something that nobody else could figure out how to do, write it up. That is the kind of training resource content that is needed. Mark alluded to one example of this above. Others have also given good examples.

Again, I appreciate the acknowledgement of a response. I've been flagellating this deceased equine for a couple years now, and I'm starting to see some results. I hope.

Thanks for the feedback. The reason I was video-centric in my response was that this was the topic of this thread. The complaints I saw seemed to be that video content like this should be available for free. So I responded to highlight the free video content we have and are producing.

I support better documentation and am open to the idea of an official manual. I'll discuss this with the team and see if we can get a plan in place to address these concerns.

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 1:21 AM

Phil Gons:

I support better documentation and am open to the idea of an official manual. I'll discuss this with the team and see if we can get a plan in place to address these concerns.

Thanks Phil. Please do make sure that you offer it as an actual "resource" within Logos/Verbum that can be searched, highlighted, etc. (even if you produce it in other formats as well, like print, PDF, or the current Help File format).

Posts 2200
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 5:29 AM

Fr Devin Roza:

Phil Gons:

Thanks Phil. Please do make sure that you offer it as an actual "resource" within Logos/Verbum that can be searched, highlighted, etc. (even if you produce it in other formats as well, like print, PDF, or the current Help File format).

Yes

Posts 1776
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 5:30 AM

I just read what Mr. Gons wrote and fell off my chair (gasping in hope that it might be free)!

Yes

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 5:43 AM

[quote user="Francis"]

Very good, Mark. 

[/quote]

Yes

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 792
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 7:27 AM

Phil Gons:

Doc B:

Phil Gons:

Phil Gons:

Phil Gons:

Thanks for the feedback. The reason I was video-centric in my response was that this was the topic of this thread. The complaints I saw seemed to be that video content like this should be available for free. So I responded to highlight the free video content we have and are producing.

Nice Yes

Posts 97
T. L. Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 20 2015 4:52 PM

I agree with your stated request Mark!  BTW, I love the tutorial videos that you produced some time ago...hint, hint!

Thanks,

Terry

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 6:32 AM

At last, an encouraging development with regard to written documentation in Logos. By making it a searchable resource in 6.1 there is already net gain. It is nice not only to be able to use inline searching but also the side TOC:

The release notes state "We are in the process of updating the Help with more comprehensive information, at a later date". This is something to look forward to, hopefully soon.

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 9:23 AM

Francis:

At last, an encouraging development with regard to written documentation in Logos. By making it a searchable resource in 6.1 there is already net gain. It is nice not only to be able to use inline searching but also the side TOC:

The release notes state "We are in the process of updating the Help with more comprehensive information, at a later date". This is something to look forward to, hopefully soon.

Francis, How do you arrive at this screen?  Is this a special help file associated with the training program?  I have 6.1, but that's not at all what I see when selecting the basic help function.

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 9:29 AM

Rick, you can find it in your library as you would a book. You can either enter type:manual or "logos help" (with quotation marks) to find it.

Posts 25224
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 9:30 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
Francis, How do you arrive at this screen?  Is this a special help file associated with the training program?  I have 6.1, but that's not at all what I see when selecting the basic help function.

It's not accessed via the help function - it is a resource in your library which can be opened (top resource in the list below)

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 9:45 AM

Francis and Graham,

Thank you for the help.  In the library, if I enter type:manual all I get is a resource titled "Ultimate Quick Start Guide", which is very condensed compared to what showed up on Francis' screen... and it has an entirely different icon as what is shown in your libraries as well.  If I enter title:"logos help", I get nothing.

Posts 25224
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 9:48 AM

Try adding a rating or changing a tag as per https://community.logos.com/forums/p/101075/698585.aspx#698585  

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 24 2015 10:14 AM

Graham Criddle:

Try adding a rating or changing a tag as per https://community.logos.com/forums/p/101075/698585.aspx#698585  

Graham, thanks so much for the link.  Running an "Update Resources" command did the trick.  I now see both the Quick Start and the more complete Logos Help manuals.  Much nicer formatting than when using the old "Help" command.

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 8:41 AM

I own LT151.. Does anyone know what the discounted price will be?

"If you own the previous downloadable version of Logos Academic Training for Logos 5 you will see a specially discounted price once the product is live. We recommend you place your order at that time."

Right now the price for me is less than $200 that others have said, so is that the special discounted price?? Or will it be lower still once its live?

Posts 49
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 8:46 AM

You'll be able to see your upgrade price once the product goes live (is ready and released to customers). We're not announcing it ahead of time, but it will be less than the pre-pub price. 

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 7 2015 9:18 AM

Celeste any way to check if the price I see currently is the upgrade price??  you can email me directly if you want..  I'm still confused since I see a lower price right now.

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS