Personal Books, Bulk Import, COM API

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 21
David McCulloch | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 15 2015 2:54 PM

Question-1:  How could I import a large number of .DOCX files as Personal Books?

Question-2:  If Logos does not have this capability, will the Logos COM API be enhanced so I could write a program to do that?

Background

I have a couple thousand documents that I would like to add to my Logos library.  Obviously, I wouldn't want to do that manually.

Last year, Simon asked about the Logos COM API, but NB.Mick replied that he didn't think "Logos is concentrating much on enhancing the API".  I wouldn't want to use automation software, because automation scripting is tedious and too many things could go wrong (as Simon mentioned, its error handling is poor, etc.).  Instead, I was thinking about writing an Excel VBA program to loop through a spreadsheet of .docx files, titles, authors, etc., adding each file as a personal book in Logos.

Posts 25864
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 15 2015 3:57 PM

David McCulloch:
Question-1:  How could I import a large number of .DOCX files as Personal Books?

You can't.

David McCulloch:
Question-2:  If Logos does not have this capability, will the Logos COM API be enhanced so I could write a program to do that?

The current version of the API came with Logos 4.2 in Dec 2010 whilst Personal Books came with Logos 4.3 in Aug 2011...

David McCulloch:
Instead, I was thinking about writing an Excel VBA program to loop through a spreadsheet of .docx files, titles, authors, etc., adding each file as a personal book in Logos.

But only if the API was enhanced? Which is extremely doubtful.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS