.net won't install

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Harry Steinke | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 16 2015 4:46 PM

I'm trying to install Logos 5 on a Windows Vista machine. The install falls on installing .net fx 4.5. Went to install . net directly only to find out .net 4.5 min specs say Win 7 required.

How can I install logos when the installer tries to install software that is beyond the specs for logos 5?  Any workarounds?

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 16 2015 6:54 PM

I'm trying to install Logos 6 on a new 64 bit windows 8.1 machine and it's telling me .net didn't install.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Harry Steinke:

I'm trying to install Logos 5 on a Windows Vista machine. The install falls on installing .net fx 4.5. Went to install . net directly only to find out .net 4.5 min specs say Win 7 required.

.NET 4.5 is supported on Windows Vista (Service Pack 2). Try downloading the latest official installer from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42643 

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

Kent:

I'm trying to install Logos 6 on a new 64 bit windows 8.1 machine and it's telling me .net didn't install.

Oftentimes, this can be fixed just by restarting the computer. Otherwise, try to install the latest .NET Framework 4.5.2 update from Windows Updates and then retry the Logos 6 installation.

Posts 15
Bradley Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 7:57 PM

I think I have the answer. While I won't guaranty this will work, It did for me and I'm running Logos 6 with Windows 8.1. Look at this attachment. 5428.4point5vinstallation proplems.rtf

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 8:47 PM

This happened to me on Windows 8.1 on my new laptop this week. Make sure Windows update has run. You can have a version of .NET which is newer than the one Logos ships with, but if it isn't the most recent, Logos will throw an error. Run Windows Update and reset (you may have to do it twice to get all of the .NET updates), then Logos will install correctly.

Posts 1
Thomas Isaac | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 9:52 PM

i had a similar problem. 

What worked for me was to install the newest version of the .net framework. 

http://www.microsoft.com/net/downloads

Posts 5
Harry Steinke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 20 2015 5:17 AM

Installing . net directly from Microsoft worked for me.

Posts 27053
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 22 2015 3:04 AM

I'll also endorse that.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS