Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Justin Long | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 17 2015 1:50 PM

Some uploaded videos are choppy and upside down when played in proclaim.

Details:

-All computers running latest version of Proclaim.

-Videos uploaded on a Windows 8 64-bit computer.

-On Mac running Mavericks some videos played in proclaim are upside down and choppy.

-On both the computer the videos were uploaded from and an additional computer running Windows 7 64-bit videos played in proclaim are choppy.

-Videos run fine when played in Windows Media Player and other video players on original computer.

-Problem videos are all edited versions of playable videos. They were edited using Cyberlink Power Director.

I have tried comparing the properties of some videos that do and don't work, but I can't discern anything that seems to make a difference. Here is a list. Videos A, B, and C work. Videos x-A and x-B are the problems. x-A is an edited version of A and x-B an edited version of B:

All videos are mp4

Length

• A 2:39
  • B 3:00
  • C 1:40
  • x-A 1:06
  • x-B 1:17

Frame Widtth

• A 1280
  • B 640
  • C 1280
  • x-A 640
  • x-B 640

Frame Height

• A 720
  • B 360
  • C 720
  • x-A 480
  • x-B 480

Data Rate

• A 1487kb
  • B 317kb
  • C 1902kb
  • x-A 2843kb
  • x-B 1222kb

Total Bitrate

• A 1679kb
  • B 413kb
  • C 2094kb
  • x-A 2977kb
  • x-B 1353 kb

Frame Rate

• A 23 frames/s
  • B 29
  • C 23
  • x-A 29
  • x-B 29

So hopefully the answer is locked in there somewhere. But I don't know what it is.

Thanks.

Justin

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 4:18 PM

I have not run into this issue in house. Could you provide a video that reproduces this issue? You could do so via Dropbox. 

Posts 10
Justin Long | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 17 2015 10:24 PM

Spencer,

Here's the dropbox link. Could you let me know once you download it so that I can delete it. I don't really like a link to my dropbox floating around the net.

Thanks for your help. BTW, I like your choice in dining. Casa Que Pasa is one of my favs.

Justin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzmht2l76wjkyyt/True%20Grit%20Shooting%20Contest%20Short.mp4?dl=0

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 9:56 AM

I have downloaded the video so you can delete it! I am able to reproduce the issues you described so I will open up a bug report and investigate further.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 10:43 AM

Justin Long:
-On Mac running Mavericks some videos played in proclaim are upside down and choppy.

Since the software is edited with PowerDirector, a Windows only software, it seems to have issues with playing on Mac. I cannot play the video you provided on Quicktime Player, which tells me that this is an issue with the video.

Justin Long:
-On both the computer the videos were uploaded from and an additional computer running Windows 7 64-bit videos played in proclaim are choppy.

I would make sure all of your drivers are up to date and see if this helps the video playback. I would suggest checking manufacturers' websites for the driver updates as they will have the most recent versions.

Posts 10
Justin Long | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 18 2015 12:17 PM

I can check this, but I have trouble thinking it is a driver issue when it is on 2 different windows computers and when the video plays fine outside of proclaim.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS