Price Matching

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 83
John Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:49 AM

Will Logos be price matching the sale that Kindle is doing on UnChristian and You Lost Me? 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005LOPNRU/?tag=gospelebooks-20 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009YJMHBI/?tag=gospelebooks-20 

The sale is happening today only and they are going for $1.99. I have noticed that Vyrso tends to do price matching with Kindle, but haven't noticed if Logos does as well. I know they are the same companies so I'm hoping so!

Posts 29359
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:59 AM

Not to be too technical, but faithlife does not "price match". Vyrso extends publisher specials when they are able to do so. Logos resources are under different licensing agreements. As such, publisher deals are not offered on Logos edition resources. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 9:07 AM

This may help you understand Faithlife’s pricing policy.

• Logos Books = Top Sirloin
  • Vyrso Books = Ground Beef
  • Kindle Books = Ground Turkey

Vyrso Books are a step up from Kindle Books since their Scripture references are hyperlinked, but other than this, Logos does little or nothing to the raw text they receive from the publishers.

Logos Books are supposed to be heavily tagged and enhanced. This makes them more expensive to produce. Thus it is not economically feasible for Faithlife to match the price of Kindle books.

Posts 32165
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 1:49 PM

I personally would prefer that this sort of post be placed in the Vyrso forum rather than the General forum. It would help me prioritize my reading more accurately.

Okay I didn't read closely enough ... "price matching" and I assume Vyrso Embarrassed

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24639
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 1:56 PM

MJ. Smith:

I personally would prefer that this sort of post be placed in the Vyrso forum rather than the General forum. It would help me prioritize my reading more accurately.

But the original question referred to Logos-edition books not Vyrso ones

Posts 382
Sacrifice | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 2:27 PM

Smile

Good one Keith 

Yours In Christ

Posts 29359
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 4:40 PM

Wonderous Grace:
Good one Keith 

I agree! Smile

I created a follow up post on my phone while standing in line... but I guess it never posted. A <slight> adjustment to what Keith said:

1. The auto scripture hyperlink works VERY well when the reference is CLEAR. A reference like "Jn 3:16" will work great. A reference like 2:10 will work well if there is no ambiguity about what book 2:10 references... and that can be a big "if." If the reference is to "acts 2:10" but the word "John" appears after the last clear reference, the auto hyperlink will likely point to "John 2:10." 
  2. The best feature of a Vyrso resource, in my opinion, is that Vyrso resources are added to your Logos library. Although Vyrso resources aren't hand tagged, they still will show up in searches based on text hits. The books can also be highlighted, notes taken, copy & paste, etc. I know some users believe Kindle books are superior to Vyrso ones... for the most part I disagree... (and I have more than 500 Kindle books). FWIW - My current philosophy on buying books in Kindle: I purchase all fiction books on kindle. Sometimes I also buy books in kindle when there is a significant discount on the audiobook companion. I am hesitant to purchase kindle books where I would really want the book in my logos library. I really only do so when I wouldn't mind repurchasing in Logos at a later date because the cost is so low on kindle.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9566
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 20 2015 4:59 AM

Wonderous Grace:

Smile

Good one Keith 

Yes

It made me smile this morning.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS