Mesopotamian Cosmic Geography prepub!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1552
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 19 2015 10:37 AM

Horowitz's Mesopotamian Cosmic Geography has just gone on prepub. 

https://www.logos.com/product/49697/mesopotamian-cosmic-geography

This is a semi-technical ancient Near Eastearn work looking at how Assyrians and Babylonians understood the universe. Cited a good bit by John Walton and others. If you're doing any work on Genesis 1 (as I am), it's important. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 1630
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 12:36 PM

Thanks for mentioning this! I added it to my list of prepubs, although it may be a long wait

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 2212
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:33 PM

I also added it, thanks!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 3695
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:39 PM

Thanks Ben.

mm.

mm.

Posts 3695
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:40 PM

so what is a "friendly heretical christian"? 

mm.

Posts 2897
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:47 PM

Thank'ie Ben

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Posts 29352
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:55 PM

Milkman:

awhaa?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3695
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 6:58 PM

so any comments Bama?

alabama24:

Milkman:

awhaa?

mm.

Posts 29352
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 7:03 PM

Milkman:
so any comments Bama?

I am unsure what you are asking, and why you are asking it. This isnt the place for personal attacks... but I don't think that is what you are trying to do... right (I hope)?

Posts 1552
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 7:30 PM

He clicked on my Faithlife profile, where I am listed as a "friendly heretical Christian, grad work in Semitics." IOW, I'm one of few Mormons on the message board, though I know a good number of users. Consider it a tongue-in-cheek description ;)

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 29352
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 7:32 PM

Gotcha. Smile

Posts 21
Norman Low | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 7:48 PM

Thanks for this recommendation! For those who complain about Logos prices, see what this book costs in other formats.

Posts 3695
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 19 2015 7:54 PM

yes that's right Ben. Just a curious statement you made. I would never attach another. Though I'm not Mormon, I have 'strayed' far from the 'flock' due do some pretty $%^&^* treatment from my so called board several years ago. However, due to that pleasant experience, I have studied a fair amount of so-called 'heretical' teachings. To be honest, some of it makes better sense than the typical Sunday school 'stuff.'

I'll leave it at that... 

Ben:

He clicked on my Faithlife profile, where I am listed as a "friendly heretical Christian, grad work in Semitics." IOW, I'm one of few Mormons on the message board, though I know a good number of users. Consider it a tongue-in-cheek description ;)

mm.

Posts 1552
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2015 11:04 AM

I want to plug Mesopotamian Cosmic Geography on prepub again, per the OP.

I checked on Amazon, where it's selling for only $250! Indifferent

So save yourself 90% and preorder on Logos

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS